VIN3 vulvar surgery

Deedee22
Deedee22 Member Posts: 2 Member

Background: age 52 first abnormal pap was in college with notice of vaginal warts then two treatments for abnormal pap in 2001 and 2008

recent diagnosis with VIN 3 dysplasia vulvar area caught in last few months caused by high risk HPV. Normal paps and checks for several years prior Partial vulvectomy Dec 6 2021 with negative margins. Area of surgery scar from vagina opening down to anus. Have an appt set up with OBGYN oncologist next week. Will be getting vaginal area exams every 4 months or so now for a while. lowering stress. Don’t smoke lessening how much I drink. Modifying already healthy diet Starting taking some new supplements and making sure Vit D is at least 2000 IU a day

Bleeding a little still post surgery so have backed off trying to start running again but still trying to walk 30 min once a day at least OBGYN said ok to have sex again in 4 weeks but use a lot of lubricant? Not even wanting to go there yet !

scared this will recur. What is everyone doing or have done to prevent recurrence and not knowing it may show up. Got first gardisal vaccine week after surgery and will get next in January. Dr said that it may help fight recurrence but not guaranteed. Are you having partners get vaccine also even though you / they are older ? Are you getting yearly anal exams also? What supplements are you taking ?

Comments

• Evelynlake
    Evelynlake Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello Deedee,

How are you doing now? Were your questions answered and are you back to running? I am three days post wide local excision on my vulva for VIN3. I was finally diagnosed after two years of misdiagnosis and unbearable pain. A week after diagnosis I was on the operating table having it all taken away. How was your recovery, I am very sore, swollen and bleeding a little. The painkillers do help, I can’t sit, I am laying down most of the time. I am going to try and go for a walk tomorrow. I am also concerned about VIN3 recurring but I am just trying to take it one step at a time.

I am grateful for these forums as there is not a lot of information out there.

I hope you are well.