Methylprednisolone during H&N recovery?

swimbody
swimbody Member Posts: 68 Member
edited February 2022 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hey everyone was prescribed methylprednisolone for the coming hell of week 6. I never took it until week 9 starting on Superbowl Sunday. I think this was the magic bullet for my quick improvement. Has anyone here taken a round around my recovery time and if so what happened when it wore off?

Comments

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 467 Member
    edited February 2022 #2

Not me- just kept with the Hydrocodone, and grin and bear it. With my tx regiment of C&R, though, weeks #5&6 were by far the worst, and everything to follow in my 9-week tx, then recovery, was a piece of cake in comparison. So, I was not a candidate for anything other than the aforenoted.

Hope it helps you.

• swimbody
    swimbody Member Posts: 68 Member

Well well, methylprednisolone will help any of you in the throes of horrid pain and debilitation should you need a pick me up. I took it as I said at week 9. Had I taken it at week 6, the misery probably wouldn't have been as severe. Hope this helps someone looking for answers ahead of treatment. I don't wish the hell I just went through on anyone.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member

Well, Graham to be honest I never heard of it before but I have a page bookmarked now. Seems it does a lot for inflammation and a host of other uses.

Descriptions

Methylprednisolone provides relief for inflamed areas of the body. It is used to treat a number of different conditions, such as inflammation (swelling), severe allergies, adrenal problems, arthritis, asthma, blood or bone marrow problems, eye or vision problems, lupus, skin conditions, kidney problems, ulcerative colitis, and flare-ups of multiple sclerosis. Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid). It works on the immune system to help relieve swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions.

Thanks for making us aware of this interesting promising drug-Take Care-God Bless-Russ