Concerned about my dear father and doing this all alone

Stmetallic
Stmetallic Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone I'm new here and my name is Sean. My dad finished his treatment about 2 1/2 weeks ago(rad and chemo). He's throwing up non stop either in my care and at his rehab facility and now at the hospital he was transferred to(high temp and high hear rate plus he just got pneumonia). I'm at my wits end in what to do. Will this phlegm ever go away? It feels like he's unmotivated to do anything and he has such positive support to and also very thick headed. Talking would be much easier than typing. But anyways thanks for helping me and I'll try to do the same with my experiences as well. God bless you all and have a most wonderful day

Comments

• leahlu
    leahlu Member Posts: 2 Member

Chemo tends to stay in the body for about a year after treatment (give or take some depending on the specific chemo) so the effects can last quite a long time. I hope he's feeling much better now 3 months later! Cancer-related fatigue is so common but exercise has been shown to combat that. It may be a struggle but encouraging him to get up and go for a walk (no matter how long or how far) may start to help with that. I have found that delivery of information is very important. People don't like being told what to do so finding a way around like like making it seem like it was their idea in the first place or showing him all of the positive things that can come as a result of it may help!