C B D Oil May Help You

Lon
Lon Member Posts: 10 Member

There has been much hype going on about the benefits of CBD Oil and after considerabe research on my part I deceided to give it a go. I have no pain with my cancer and started taking the oil for insomnia. I take a dropper full sublingually in the morning and at bed time. My results have been good after two months and I feel pretty good all over.

Comments

• Gerbrandt
    Gerbrandt Member Posts: 1 *
    edited December 2021 #2

I can confirm that CBD oil is useless.

• Rynn_2
    Rynn_2 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2021 #3

I can confirm that CBD oil is useless. I suffer from constant muscle pain, and I was prescribed CDB oil. It worked slightly, and I was dissatisfied with it. I had to look for another alternative to numb the pain. I was totally against pills, and that is why I was searching for natural products. Then I ran into a really interesting website [Content removed by CSN Support Team] with high-quality hashish. I decided to try it out and ordered polar bear hash temple balls. All I can say is that I wasn’t disappointed at all. Nothing ever helped me fight the muscle pain like hash.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 896 Member

IMHO CBD oil is one of the biggest scams going - right up there with alkaline water. The placebo effect is an amazing thing.

• ShadyGuy

I do not think Rynn_2 should be allowed to advertise on here for free. I flagged his ad.

• ShadyGuy

Scammers take advantage of the feelings that can accompany a diagnosis of cancer. They promote unproven – and potentially dangerous – remedies like cbd oil, Kangen water, hashish, black salve, essiac tea, or laetrile with claims that the products are both “natural” and effective. But “natural” doesn’t mean either safe or effective when it comes to using these treatments for cancer. In fact, a product that is labeled “natural,” can be more than ineffective: it can be downright harmful. Listen to your doctor - not online scammers. There is no easy way out. Cancer can be cured in many cases but not by so called “natural” miracle cures. Don’t be fooled!

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member

I also believe CBD to be useless, about as effective as chiropractic. In the prostate cancer world, Saw Palmetto was touted as curative or preventative of PCa for many decades, and many billions of dollars have been spent on it, but every major study ever done, as well as the compilation studies, have shown it to be worthless. Only in our current world could the reefer growers become the good guys.....

• Due
    Due Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi. I am new here. My name is Elliot. Shadyguy, I understand that you may have misgivings about trying anything other than what the doctors say. But that is your personal opinon, and your personal preference. We are not here to scan the boards for ideas to shoot down. ShadyGuy, what does someone with cancer do when nothing the doctors have done is working? Just hang it up and lie down and die? I was on a different lymphoma discussion board, where I told my story of how in 1989 I was given 10 years to live when I was diagnosed stage 4 non-hodgkins, and how I am cancer-free, alive and healthy as of today, 30+ years later. Another member, who was 11 years out, and cancer-free, razzed and made fun of what I had to say, and said the same thing you have said (paraphrased): "Everything out there that is not mainstream is a scam. Don't be a fool; follow what the doctors say." Shadyguy, one of the reasons I AM ALIVE TODAY is because soon after I was diagnosed, I met a nurse who had worked in oncology for 25 years. She looked me straight in the eyes, and said, "Elliot, if you don't take control of your OWN treatment, the doctors will turn you into a PIECE of MEAT." Do you have any experience at all working in any field of cancer treatment, ShadyGuy? I understand you may have legitimate concerns about people having "false hope," and about "getting scammed," and so forth. But you are far and away overstepping the line when you make statements such as (paraphrased): " have definitive proof that CBD oil does not work." And what proof are you talking about? Your "proof" Is that it did not work for you. (!?!) ShadyGuy, I did many, many things to become cancer-free after the chemotherapy stopped working. There are people who would accept the doctor's verdict that nothing more could be done, and who would go home, "get their affairs together," and passively wait to die. But then there are people who want to remain alive, if at all possible, and so they begin to look elsewhere for a cure. There are even some people who decide to pass the mainstream route entirely, and some of them recover. None of us on this board is an absolute authority when it comes to cancer treatment. We each must do whatever we think feels right with regard to treatment. CBD oil is not totally useless, as evidenced by studies found at pubmed.gov -- "Finally, we present data from both open-label expanded access programs (EAPs) and randomized placebo-controlled trials (RCTs) of a highly purified oral preparation of CBD, which was recently approved by the FDA in the treatment of epilepsy. " Go to pubmed.gov and look up CBD oil for yourself. In the meantime, I do not think it serves us well to have members policing and nannying this board.

• ShadyGuy

Can you cite a study? I can cite several. Your long winded reply says nothing factual or definitive. A good bottle of scotch or a snort of coke can relieve pain too but like CBD they cure nothing. Please, you are free to spend all you want on overpriced CBD oil. Do you read the disclaimers on the labels? “Not intended to treat, diagnose of cure any disease”. No doubt in my mind that faith heals via the placebo effect. I am glad it works for you. Good luck. Merry Christmas.

• Due

Rynn, I am VERY GLAD you found something that works for the constant muscle pain. However, to say you can confirm that CBD oil is useless is wrong, and I can confirm that because the FDA has approved its use for treating epilepsy. Go to pubmed.gov and see for yourself. Thanks.

• Due

As I said, go to pubmed,org, and search under CBD oil. You will see that CBD oil is being used ot treat epilepsy.

• Due

I am done here. Everywhere you go on cancer boards, there are people such as yourself and "ShadyGuy: who think it is your responsibility and privilege to shoot down anything you think will be :"bad for people.."

• ShadyGuy

The real danger of theses pop culture drugs is in the possibility that some people will use it instead of seeking a real medical treatment.

MD Anderson says:

https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/cbd-oil-and-cancer--9-things-to-know.h00-159306201.html

• federed
    federed Member Posts: 1 Member

Maybe you just haven't tried using real quality products.

• loikol
    loikol Member Posts: 3 Member

The commenter above is right. You may have formed this opinion because you have had negative experiences with CBD oil or other products.

• ShadyGuy

No need to beat a dead horse but no you are wrong. I formed my opinion because CBD oil is a scam. it is so inconsistent that it would be impossible to do a scientific study. It varies tremendously between crops, weather, manufacturer, variety and climate. I remember when Steve McQueen was going to be saved from cancer by apricot pits. There was a huge scandal in the press about drug companies and the drug companies suppressing it so he went to Mexico to get it. We all know how that worked out. IMHO this is the same thing. Still I believe very strongly in freedom of choice and say go for it as it is probably harmless to anything but your bank account.. There may be some benefit from the placebo effect. Good luck. Wanna buy a Kangen water machine? (LOL !!!) Just joking. Good luck! Please don’t use CBD as a replacement for real drugs.

• ShadyGuy

Also - please define “real quality” CBD oil is. What parameters do you measure?

• AlfredaBerta
    AlfredaBerta Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2022 #18

I'm not an expert here, but I think this oil stuff is useless. The concentration of actual weed these are too low to have some significant effect on human health.

The situation is different, though, with the weed itself or the CBD gummies because I used to take them for several months. They really did help me with my back pains and anxiety issues.

One of the reasons people can get disappointed about the CBD stuff is that they see it as a panacea to all of their illnesses: both physical and psychological, and this is not true. It is just a remedy that should be taken according to the doctor's recommendation.