Just Diagnosed

Jmraff68
Jmraff68 Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi! I was just diagnosed on 11/10. Had surgery on 11/16, and the surgeon was unable to remove the tumor in my colon - now have ostomy bag. Quite a surprise to wake up to :) Have sought a second opinion and am looking forward to our 3rd opinion on Monday, with treatment hopefully beginning as soon as I recover from the surgery. 

Honestly, I don't know what to ask here!  We've not researched anything yet - a bit too scared I suppose :) I used to work for ACS - so I'm glad I was familiar with all the resources available but this is SO MUCH to keep straight in my head.

Looking forward to connecting with others and sharing experiences!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Welcome to the forum

You are right, there is definitely an information overload, when you first start on this journey. 

I hope you are healing well from surgery, so that you can start on the next step - whatever you decide with your Oncologist. 

Looking forward to hearing from you again. 

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    Gadzooks!

Gadzooks, what a result!  It is great that you are taking this calmly.  There is a split in opinion here about researching issues, but from my perspective, a little bit of reseach might be helpful in asking questions of the various doctors you are consulting and in choosing the treatment options that work best for you.  Of course, you might want to self-medicate liberally with your favorite libation as you look at the issues. . .  I hope we can be helpful as you embark on this journey.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Welcome

Welcome to the board, but I'm sorry that you are here.  We can help you get through almost anything that you are going to experience.  Please, do not go "searching" the internet.  A lot of the information is outdated and not reliable.  It's better to get the information from your doctor first and then if you forget to ask a questions or have some things you are experiencing that you are unsure of, ask us to see if we have gone through the same thing.  You are going through a rollercoaster of emotions right now, so take the time to read some of the old posts here.  We are a very information group and will be here with you through your journey.  Wishing you the best in your upcoming journey.

Kim