New here-just told this morning.

2»

Comments

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228
    Radiation

Hi Cindy! So sorry you need to join our group but glad you found us. I think radiation is a very controversial subject right now. If you read through some of the recent threads you'll see a lot of conversation about this subject. We seem to be moving away from radiation, especially external radiation. Myself, I do not see the point if you doctor was able to remove all visible cancer. The point of chemo is to remove any remaining cancer cells that are floating around. If cancer has spread then radiation can help shrink it but if your surgeon feels that everything was removed, I wouldn't want to risk all the side effects that can occur with radiation. On the other hand, I reluctantly agreed to brachytherapy as I did have cervical involvement. I'm still not sure it was the right decision. Even your radiologist will tell you that there is no evidence that radiation prevents the spread of cancer.

Cindy each of us needs to decide for themselves what treatment plan we will follow and I would never presume to tell you what to do. Just putting in my two cents. I am sure that others can give you great points for doing the radiation. Incidentally, my gyn/onc doesn't recommend the "sandwich" plan either. He feels that breaking up the chemo sessions gives the cancer a chance to regroup and be more resistant to future chemo treatments. I did find his argument persuasive and did all six rounds of chemo before considering radiation.

Sandy

• Cosaltlife
    Cosaltlife Member Posts: 8
    molimoli said:

Welcome to the bridge to sanity after the mental megablast.

Sorry you had reasons to come, but we are here , We'll help you maintain your sanity and gently accommodate your 'crazy ' on crazy days, so welcome. Many amazing ladies here are better able to answer your question. I will comment on the rough mental ride you will probably have in the next few months, but stay strong and courageous my sister.Sustained NED is your goal, stay alert, very alert. 
    Outrun depression , if you cant't run walk very fast away. Don't let it get a hold of you , it kills fighting spirit.

If you are not careful your whole being will be overwhelmed by this .Find the many things in your life that makes your glass appear half full, never lose sight of those things as you battle this beast or you will have none of you left ,You will be confused, angry,sad , self blaming,gene blaming,food blaming , water blaming, air blaming,everything blaming,none of that matters at all, If you were taught not to swear you probably wont but I guarantee you ,you will be thinking dem swear words before you get a handle on this .Don't get bogged down with the 'why'.there are no answers and its' from none of your actions,it just IS.

To steady me  I think of all the little babies with cancer , it's not exclusive to me , or even humans ,even mountain goats get cancer, Just to be born makes us a likely candidate . It's not yet understood by  anyone alive. we can only resolve to navigate  the path the best way we see fit, sometimes with our doctors and sometimes with self.

Try to stay focussed on living your best life everyday. We are here to pick you up when you stumble ,falls are not allowed so know that in spirit we will be with you all the while, just log in and say help!! ,There are women here that knows more than some cancer doctors because one is living it daily  and one is a part time ring master. Ask the doctors a lot of questions , if you get no answer ask again,answer unsatisfactory?  then get 2nd opinion. You won't be that unlucky to get 2 dingbats in a row. If your mind is troubled ,don't keep your mouth shut, speak up , learn everything you can about this cancer, knowing will amaze and frighten you but it helps to get your fight on, entertain no other battle but You Versus Cancer.

Showers of blessings. Moli

Amazing rallying cry!

Thank you for this post. Just joined this week. Been at this for 2 months, trying to absorb much as I can as fast as I can. 

Thanks again! 

• DrPaulaAleph
    DrPaulaAleph Member Posts: 1
    Lou Ann M said:

So sorry that you have to

So sorry that you have to come here, but this is a good place to come for information and support.  There are many different types of chemo and each has its own time frame.  I have had Taxol/ Carboplatin and that was given every 3 weeks.  I was also on Doxil and that was given every 4 weeks. I have had to have chemo postponed because of blood problems several time

Get a port if you can.  It makes things a lot easier and saves your veins. 

Hugs and prayers for you, Lou Ann

Doxil

I was just started on Doxil and Mvasi yesterday for palliative reasons as gynoncological cancer spread. Having a difficult time with side effects. Given differing info re effects. did you isolate for two weeks, use ice, wear gloves and a mask and avoid any hot food or caffeinated products beyond the initial instructions. Any help appreciated.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited September 2021 #25

Doxil

I was just started on Doxil and Mvasi yesterday for palliative reasons as gynoncological cancer spread. Having a difficult time with side effects. Given differing info re effects. did you isolate for two weeks, use ice, wear gloves and a mask and avoid any hot food or caffeinated products beyond the initial instructions. Any help appreciated.

Hello DrPaula,

Hello DrPaula,

Just wanted to say welcome to the board and suggest you start a new thread so that your post will be seen. This one is quite old and it was hard to see your post.

I don't have any experience with Doxil or Mvasi but someone here probably can help you.

So sorry for your recurrence. I hope your side effects get better.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi