change for me

Tom M.
Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

Update. I continue to ride the roller coaster of cancer. My last scan showed mild progression and latest blood work showed increase in cea 18.5 highest for me since the start of all this. Anyway I am off the Folfox and Avastin, not surprising since I've had 45 to 50 treatments of it. Next week I will see the Doctor and I think I will be put on Lonsurf. (pill)  Looking for some input on this new phase in my treatment. PS I still have a very positive outlook on all of this.

Comments

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited August 2021 #2
    I showed growth in 2 of the 4

I showed growth in 2 of the 4 so guess the erbutix/irinotecan stopped working. I was on that for 2 years. It was always small growth or none, never shrinking them. 

I have stivarga and lonsurf left to try. My oncologist is now trying to get stivarga approved for me.

Weirdly, I am very distressed and devastated, BUT, I also feel like with these I have a couple of years left and a lot can happen in two years, so I honestly don't know if I am depressed and scared, or ready to fight, and feel like I will win.

• Tom M.
    edited August 2021 #3
    Attitude

Keep a good attitude Abita. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. I learned that in my high school wresting years. Pretty much stuck with me. We will be fine, just don't let thigs get to you. They are always making advances in this game we are in. Stay in touch and keep us updated. I will too.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited August 2021 #4
    I am curious, why Lonsurf?

I am curious, why Lonsurf? For me, I have had all the others, but there are lot you haven't, first thought being why not folfiri? Is it because the 5fu wasn't working with folfox anymore?

• Tom M.
    edited August 2021 #5
    fu5

Maybe so Abita, I haven't spoken to the doctor for some time now. I always see the CNPR. I will see the doctor this wed. and I will ask questions then.