New here. Diagnosed with liver cancer

Chuck59
Chuck59 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Liver Cancer #1

Was diagnosed with liver cancer first of May. I been suffering from fatty liver cirrhosis for 7 years and been having bi annually cancer scans. In January it came back negative however with severe abdomen pain and a trip to the ER I was diagnosed with PVT. Then right before I was discharged to go home, the doc come in the room with the infamous I need to talk to you in privacy speech. Even though I always feared and expected that day, it still through me for a loop.

Looks like I not only have  PVT to deal with, but a 4.5 tumor in my liver to deal with. In July had the Y 90 done and this week a cat scan to see if the PVT has a tumor growing with it as well. End of this month a mRI to determine if the tumor was shrunk or destroyed by Y 90. In order to get on a transplant list. Of course if the PVT proves to have a tumor the ball game changes. 

I'm pissed, saddened and distraught by my situatioN. I don't sleep much anymore. I want to beat this thing. I have too much left to finish on this earth.

I feel educating myself about this process and converse with people who have been here and done this gives me the best chance of beating this. I will also pass info of my progress to help others.

Thank You.

Comments

• Matt_Rhodes
    Matt_Rhodes Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2021 #2
    Hi Chuck,

Hi Chuck,

I haven't been diagnosed yet with anything, but my symptoms don't look great. Hope you find some information here, and God Bless.

Matt

• Chuck59
    Chuck59 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #3

Hi Chuck,

Hi Chuck,

I haven't been diagnosed yet with anything, but my symptoms don't look great. Hope you find some information here, and God Bless.

Matt

Thank you

Thank you

• 9710becky
    9710becky Member Posts: 1 Member

My friend was just diagnosed today with liver cancer. I don't know any details yet. He has had severe fluid build up in stomach and has had to have his stomach pumped at least once a week for the past month. I will be trying to find out any information that I can. If I find something that looks promising, I will send it to you.

Thinking of you...

I

• JillGarcia
    JillGarcia Member Posts: 3 Member

Everything will be fine I'm sure! Stay strong we all are with you!