Another 5 year scanner

jazzgirl
jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
edited July 2021 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi Everyone, I never finished my last post when I was waiting to get my scans. This year was ultrasound and chest xray - all clear all clear. The doc gave me choice of continuing 12-month or 16-month checkup and scans at this point (we alternate CT and Ultrasound). I'm opting to keep the 12-month checkin as long as he (my surgeon/urologist/oncologist) and my insurance agree. This five year anniversary feels big, and I am paying attention as my fellow class of 2016 folks report in to the group. Stay as well as possible everyone and know how grateful I am for all of you. Take care ~

Comments

• Tobi
    Tobi Member Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2021 #2
    Congratulations! Your story

Congratulations! Your story gives me hope that everything is going to be just fine....I am so happy this group is here.

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Congratulations JazzGirl. So

Congratulations JazzGirl. So happy for you for this big milestone!! 

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited July 2021 #4
    AWESOME

Congrats, Jazzgirl!! Hope you get to celebrate with a Guinness this weekend! Here's to many more years to come! 

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    edited July 2021 #5
    Congratulations!!! I pray for

Congratulations!!! I pray for many more years of clean scans!

• Lynn_65
    Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2021 #6
    Congratulations Jazzgirl!

So happy for you! 5 years is a big one!  You and so many others here give me hope and encourangement. 

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Very happy to hear ! Congrats

Very happy to hear ! Congrats!!!

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    And she's rounding the turn on the inside...Go Jazzgirl

it's always nice to hear good news.  As those of us who attended a Cancer Support Group called ouselves, "Been there, done that." Mine began in 2006; I was just beginning to feel human 15 yrs ago.  With Stage 4 going into surgery, I already knew it had mets to the liver.  And they found positive nodes; and checked out my complaint about liver/gall bladder and removed said organ and the defective duct that drained bile to the stomach.

Many tests later these past years, I'll see my Onc. PA/Nurse in a couple of months and probably have a CT scan.  I don't think my Dr. would recognize me, as I haven't seen him for sevral years.

We're here in Oregon on the SW Coast where weather alternates between breezy and foggy and sometimes downright hot.  I'm "enjoying" working in my yard 4-5 hrs a day and after work sometimes; which has helped me lose some of the quarantine weight.

Take care, everyone.  

Air hugs and high 5's,

donna_lee

• jazzgirl
    donna_lee said:

it's always nice to hear good news.  As those of us who attended a Cancer Support Group called ouselves, "Been there, done that." Mine began in 2006; I was just beginning to feel human 15 yrs ago.  With Stage 4 going into surgery, I already knew it had mets to the liver.  And they found positive nodes; and checked out my complaint about liver/gall bladder and removed said organ and the defective duct that drained bile to the stomach.

Many tests later these past years, I'll see my Onc. PA/Nurse in a couple of months and probably have a CT scan.  I don't think my Dr. would recognize me, as I haven't seen him for sevral years.

We're here in Oregon on the SW Coast where weather alternates between breezy and foggy and sometimes downright hot.  I'm "enjoying" working in my yard 4-5 hrs a day and after work sometimes; which has helped me lose some of the quarantine weight.

Take care, everyone.  

Air hugs and high 5's,

donna_lee

Thanks everyone

And to Donna Lee, you give me such hope. Coincidentally, my wife and I and other relatives are spending a few days at Bandon - usually we go further north. Beautiful views Take care ~

• jazzgirl
    donna_lee said:

Take care, everyone.  

Air hugs and high 5's,

donna_lee

Thanks everyone

ok I duplicated my last post but don't know how to delete - so I'll just say thanks again to all of you!

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2021 #11
    Congratulations

Congratulation on your mile stone it gives me hope