Hypodense lesion on liver

Lynn_65
Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member

Hi everyone, have a question, has anyone ever had a hypodense lesion found on their liver?  I had my annual scan Tuesday and the doctor said it all looked like a perfectly normal CT scan except for a 1.4 cm lesion(approximately the size of a sweet pea)on my liver.  The radiologist suggested a liver mri to confirm benignity, so we are scheduling one.  I am so scared and concerned.  (had a successful partial nephrectomy last Feb and was told it was stage 1, read my bio for more info)

Comments

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    Your lucky stars were in alignment

Those incidental problems can sometimes lead to different dignoses...as mine did 15 years ago.  I have regular CT's, then for a while a Chest X-ray with US of abdomen and pelvis.  We have been back to an US every year after some of those "incidental" items needed to be checked.  I have been found to have cysts in my liver and pancreas that seem to be just cysts.  My major problem at this time, at age 78 with 1 kidney, is keeping that kidney healthy.  I'm now seeing a nephrologist and my eGFR bounces from 28-34.  30 is the break point between Stage 4 and Stage 3.  Right now, it's just keep hydrated, especially while working in hot and humid weather.

They probably won't order a biopsy on the spot on your liver, but just monitor it.  Meanwhile, stay calm and let the Dr. do the worrying.  

Air hugs...

donna_lee

• Lynn_65
    edited June 2021 #3
    donna_lee said:

Your lucky stars were in alignment

Those incidental problems can sometimes lead to different dignoses...as mine did 15 years ago.  I have regular CT's, then for a while a Chest X-ray with US of abdomen and pelvis.  We have been back to an US every year after some of those "incidental" items needed to be checked.  I have been found to have cysts in my liver and pancreas that seem to be just cysts.  My major problem at this time, at age 78 with 1 kidney, is keeping that kidney healthy.  I'm now seeing a nephrologist and my eGFR bounces from 28-34.  30 is the break point between Stage 4 and Stage 3.  Right now, it's just keep hydrated, especially while working in hot and humid weather.

They probably won't order a biopsy on the spot on your liver, but just monitor it.  Meanwhile, stay calm and let the Dr. do the worrying.  

Air hugs...

donna_lee

Thank you so much for the

Thank you so much for the response! Trying not to worry but of course waiting is hard.  Will update when I actually have my appointment with my oncologist.

hugs and prayers,

lynn

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2021 #4
    Not to worry

It could very well be a small cyst like donna said let the doctor worry

• Lynn_65
    edited June 2021 #5
    Mmoses25 said:

Not to worry

It could very well be a small cyst like donna said let the doctor worry

Thank you! Glad to have the

Thank you! Glad to have the support here....you are making me feel better.
    My follow up with my oncologist is Tuesday afternoon, so I hope to know a little more of what he thinks then. So far I've only spoken with his nurse.

• Max57
    Max57 Member Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2021 #6
    Lynn

Not to worry you are stage 1 nothing going to happen relax and enjoy the sun ?

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited June 2021 #7
    Hello,

Hello,

my husband has cysts on liver. I was concerned as well when they were first mentioned, but they are just benign harmless cysts.

With Stage 1 it is HIIIGHLY unlikely to get mets :-) PLease keep us posted!

Alla

• Lynn_65
    edited June 2021 #8
    Thank you all for the

Thank you all for the encouraging words! Will let you know what the doctor says. 

• Lynn_65
    edited June 2021 #9
    Update after dr visit

Hi, all,

Met with my doctor who says the lesion is highly unlikely to be malignant, being stage 1 and with bloodwork and liver panel being good.I am having the liver MRI next week and then will repeat the CT scan in 6 months to be cautious. 

• Lynn_65
    MRI done

MRI was done this afternoon now the wait begins. Trying not to worry and to think positive. God is in control and I am His child, He's got this and will see me through as He did last year with my RCC. 
    Will post results when I hear! Thank you for your continued support...you and this forum are a blessing! 

• Lynn_65
    Good news!

Received MRI results and long story short is "no suspicious liver lesions identified." Praise be to God! ?

Thank you all again for your support here! 

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2021 #12
    Bravo!! So glad yo hear the

Bravo!! So glad yo hear the good news!

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Great news!  So happy for you

Great news!  So happy for you!!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    SOOOO happy for you! :-)

Word "hypodense" is usually used for simple cysts, which are not suspicious at all :-)

• Lynn_65
    edited June 2021 #15
    Allochka said:

Word "hypodense" is usually used for simple cysts, which are not suspicious at all :-)

Thank you ?

Thank you, I couldn't find much info on "hypodense" ? and of course I was hoping for a clear NED scan

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Congrats!

Great news!

• Lynn_65
    eug91 said:

Congrats!

Great news!

Thank you ?

Thank you, I am so relieved. We will continue monitoring the area and I will still have a ct scan in 6 months instead of a year. So thankful for a cautious doctor.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    edited June 2021 #18
    Good to hear!

That's good news!

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    Great news!

Praise indeed!?

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2021 #20