I was never the same

Options
Mmoses25
Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member

4:00 o'clock in the morning and I'm up with pain on the side I had surgery on it it's been over a year now doctor says my kidney is fine he said it was a long surgery I just wonder if this pain will ever go away I'm tired of being up at 4:00 in the morning once I'm up and walk around for awhile the pain goes away but by that time im wide a wake

Comments

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you have pain,

I'm sorry that you have pain, being kept awake is tough physically and psychologically!  My surgery is too new for me to be able to answer this.  But have you discussed a non addictive pain aid for sleep? My husband has shoulder issues and pain was waking him up so his doctor gave him Amotriptoline which is a pain med but non addictive and not a narcotic.  It has helped him tremendously with sleep. I know meds are not always a good solution but long term sleep deprivation has it's own issues...perhaps the doctor can offer some alternatives?

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2021 #3
    Options
    tgpath1 said:

I'm sorry that you have pain,

I'm sorry that you have pain, being kept awake is tough physically and psychologically!  My surgery is too new for me to be able to answer this.  But have you discussed a non addictive pain aid for sleep? My husband has shoulder issues and pain was waking him up so his doctor gave him Amotriptoline which is a pain med but non addictive and not a narcotic.  It has helped him tremendously with sleep. I know meds are not always a good solution but long term sleep deprivation has it's own issues...perhaps the doctor can offer some alternatives?

Thanks

Thank you i"ll talk  with him

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your pain, but you

Sorry for your pain, but you called a doctor?May be need ultrascan or ct