I just "graduated" to a cancer survivorship program!

stub1969
stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member

As a quick reminder, when I had baseline scans right after my diagnosis back in 2016, they found a spot on my thyroid.  Turns out I had another primary--papillary thyroid cancer, which led to a full thyroidectomy a month after my kidney surgery.  Today I had my 5 year US of my neck and met with my doctor to review bloodwork and ultrasound results.  Both continue to look excellent so they graduated me to the cancer survivor program.  In June I'll go in for my 5 year kidney scans.  Big milestones for me this year.  

Happy news that I wanted to share!  

Stub

Comments

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited March 2021 #2
    Great news Stub!  So we'll

Great news Stub!  So we'll continue in lockstep since I was referred to a survivorship program also.  If this keeps up, people are gonna start to talk.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Great news stub!

Happy for You 

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2021 #4
    NICE!

Great news, Stub! 

• Mighty Frog
    Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2021 #5
    Congratulation on your graduation!!!

Hi! Stub! Well done... Congratulation and TQvm for sharing it with us...

• stub1969

Great news Stub!  So we'll

Great news Stub!  So we'll continue in lockstep since I was referred to a survivorship program also.  If this keeps up, people are gonna start to talk.

Let them talk!

I'd consider it good company to be mentioned with you, Bay!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Congratulations Stub, so

Congratulations Stub, so happy for you! Looking forward to your next graduation in June!

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Congratulations

congratulations stub I'm so happy for you

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Congrats stub! 

Congrats stub! 

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2021 #10
    Wonderful news Stub!

So happy for you!

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    Happy

Im happy for you Stub.  Do you mind explaining what a cancer survivorship program is please?

• stub1969
    edited March 2021 #12
    I had the same question

In a nutshell, it's kind of an outreach process for cancer patients that have made it to the 5 year mark and are at low-risk for reoccurrence.  My doctor explained this program was developed as a way for patients and doctors to "keep in touch" for a few years as patients transition to fewer scans.  

Stub

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 175 Member
    stub1969 said:

I had the same question

In a nutshell, it's kind of an outreach process for cancer patients that have made it to the 5 year mark and are at low-risk for reoccurrence.  My doctor explained this program was developed as a way for patients and doctors to "keep in touch" for a few years as patients transition to fewer scans.  

Stub

Stub

This is great news that I would want to share to. Congrats on joining the survivor group.