I got shot

icemantoo
icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
edited January 2021 in Kidney Cancer #1

Went to downtown West Palm Beach last Tuesday and got shot in the right arm by a fireman. Second dose is February 9.

icemantoo

Comments

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited January 2021 #2
    Pfizer or Moderna?

Pfizer or Moderna?

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2021 #3
    how you feeling? 

how you feeling? 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited January 2021 #4
    Sore shoulder

No big thing.

icemantoo

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2021 #5
    I repeat Bay Area Guy's ?

Let us know any reactions.  I just wish Oregon could get more vaccine doses.  After watching a few of those injections being given, I could tell the muscles there would be sore...that's a deep Intra muscular (IM) shot.  Deeper, even, than the flu shot was.

donna_lee

• hope_123
    hope_123 Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2021 #6
    Sore shoulder

Got mine, Moderna and had a sore shoulder.

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Glad to hear!

Wish I could get it. I'm a long way off I'm afraid. Too many people, too little vaccine in this area.

• Scottie22
    Scottie22 Member Posts: 99 Member
    todd121 said:

Glad to hear!

Wish I could get it. I'm a long way off I'm afraid. Too many people, too little vaccine in this area.

Same here with vaccine

I've read that the rate of new infections in Arizona is the highest in the U.S. They opened February's appointments on Tuesday at 9 a.m. and they were all gone by 10 a.m. So it's a waiting game here and we just have to suck it up. Glad to hear that you are moving forward with your treatment plan Todd and as before wishing for the best possible outcome.

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    bang.

You probably deserved it.

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited January 2021 #10
    awesome

Happy for those of you that've gotten your shots.

With my luck, the day before I'm scheduled to get my vaccine is the day I'm gonna end up testing positive for COVID... :) 

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Good for you!

Good for you!

I hope we all stay healthy. Recently an infectologist, who cured my husband from Hep C, died from COVID :-( 

A very talented doc, as infectologist, he was on frontline fighting this damn virus

• medic1971
    medic1971 Member Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2021 #12
    I had my second shot this past Monday

Iceman, that second shot packs a punch!  So plan the next day accordingly. 

I've also been giving shots too and it's nice to finally be on the offensive against this virus! 

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    edited February 2021 #13
    Us too.

My husband and I also got our shots.  He is the one that had RCC.  He felt nauseated the next day.  It was mild.  I had a sore arm.  We are both thankful.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 2021 #14
    Glad to know you are getting

Glad to know you are getting your vaccines. I just finished my 2nd shot. Had shot given higher up on arm.

I learned the 2nd shot side effects is different for each person, BUT does pack a punch the 1st one didn't have. 

I was suddenly dizzy with nausea 1 hour after shot. It only last a couple of hours. 

Then later that night, ever muscle in my body hurt with a headache. I drank a lot of water. Headache subsided with TylenoL. Others have fever, very fatigued where you stay in bed, but it was over in a day or two. 

Hope you stay safe and well.

Jan

• Tugguy
    Tugguy Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2021 #15
    Awesome

Glad to see the shots are rolling out. I received mine 2 days ago, 1st dose.