Lumps in abdomen UPDATE

Canadian Sandy
Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
edited January 2021 in Kidney Cancer #1

On my 4 1/2 year colon cancer ct scan and 2 1/2 year kidney cancer ct scan.....they have found 2 small lumps on the right hand side of abdomen. They are only 1/2 millileter so to small to biopsy at the moment. I will be having another scan in February followed by a biopsy if they are big enough then.

This has really thrown me as I have had Ned scans for all this time.

Has anyone had or know anything about lumps in the abdomen?

Comments

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    Are they on skin or inside

Are they on skin or inside abdomen? Some fatty tissue maybe?

You could try to get second opinion on your CT, maybe another radiologist would be able to tell what is it

• Canadian Sandy
    edited October 2020 #3
    Inside abdomen. Thanks for

Inside abdomen. Thanks for your answer.

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited October 2020 #4
    yikes

I don't have any answers, but just wanted to send you a virtual hug and warm thoughts. Hopefully the lumps turn out to be nothing bad. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Canadian Sandy
    edited October 2020 #5
    Thanks eug. I was so happy

Thanks eug. I was so happy about being Ned for so long I think it hit me harder than it would have. Would be nice if it wasn't cancer though. I've had 3 cancers since 2008 so nothing would surprise me. Hope your doing well these days.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2020 #6
    Hope they are nothing

to worry about. Prayers for you.

• eug91
    edited October 2020 #7

Thanks eug. I was so happy

Thanks eug. I was so happy about being Ned for so long I think it hit me harder than it would have. Would be nice if it wasn't cancer though. I've had 3 cancers since 2008 so nothing would surprise me. Hope your doing well these days.

drat-

This stuff definitely hits hard - there'd be something wrong with us if it didn't. Please don't feel bad about being down about it. The shock will go away and then you'll be ready to face whatever life has in store next. 

There's no reason you won't be NED again. Looking forward to celebrating it with you here. 

As for me, my family and I are healthy, and like everyone else just trying to get through this pandemic weirdness one day at a time. Please stay well!

• Canadian Sandy
    edited October 2020 #8
    Thanks all for your support.

Thanks all for your support. I'm pretty much alone now as my partner of 30 years just passed away last March. I'll bounce back once the shock wears off. This pandemic is not helping either. Getting tired of my own company.  lol

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited November 2020 #9
    Hi Sandy, I am sending my

Hi Sandy, I am sending my prayer to you from Toronto that it is something benign.

Take care!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited November 2020 #10
    Sandy,

Sandy,

just sending you hugs... Maybe fatty lumps, or very small inflamed lymph nodes.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited November 2020 #11
    Inside abdomen?

Hi, Sandy.

1-2 millimeters is really small.  Cheers to you for being vigilant in keeping up with your regular scans.  Fox always said to look at these as a way to head things off early.  (IF) these are something to be concerned with, you have found them early, which allows your doctors to develop a good plan.  Until February--relax, enjoy the seasons, and visit often for company.  We'll do all we can to brighten your day Wink

Wishing you only the best!

Stub

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #12

Hope they are nothing

to worry about. Prayers for you.

Thanks Deanie. I'll take all

Thanks Deanie. I'll take all the prayers I can get. Prayers are very powerful.

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #13

Hi Sandy, I am sending my

Hi Sandy, I am sending my prayer to you from Toronto that it is something benign.

Take care!

Thanks.

Thanks.

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #14
    stub1969 said:

Inside abdomen?

Hi, Sandy.

1-2 millimeters is really small.  Cheers to you for being vigilant in keeping up with your regular scans.  Fox always said to look at these as a way to head things off early.  (IF) these are something to be concerned with, you have found them early, which allows your doctors to develop a good plan.  Until February--relax, enjoy the seasons, and visit often for company.  We'll do all we can to brighten your day Wink

Wishing you only the best!

Stub

Even smaller just half a

Even smaller just half a millimeter. Thanks for your kind words stub. This was supposed to be my last follow up scan For both colon and kidney cancer. Guess I'll be hanging around a bit longer. Amazing they would catch something before I completed them. I think somebody up there is watching out for me. Thanks again for your uplifting reply.  

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #15
    Allochka said:

Sandy,

Sandy,

Could be fatty lumps. I'm

Could be fatty lumps. I'm good at making them. haha 

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #16
    Allochka said:

Sandy,

Sandy,

Thanks for the hugs. could Be

Thanks for the hugs. could Be either of those. I think the not knowing is the worst.

• duquguy
    duquguy Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2020 #17
    I can't offer any insight,

I can't offer any insight, but I wish you the best and will include you in my prayers. ::hug::

• Canadian Sandy
    edited November 2020 #18
    duquguy said:

I can't offer any insight,

I can't offer any insight, but I wish you the best and will include you in my prayers. ::hug::

Thank you so much. That means

Thank you so much. That means a lot.

• Canadian Sandy
    edited January 2021 #19
    UPDATE

I've had a colonoscopy and ct scan now and both show no evidence I'd disease.  I'm NED again! Thanks to everyone for your concern. I'll be talking to my oncologist on Friday and will find out if the lumps are still there and just not growing. Prayers for all fighting this awful condition!

• eug91
    edited January 2021 #20
    AWESOME!

This is fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS, SANDY! 

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2021 #21
    Great news!

So happy for you!