Hipec

I underwent Hipec surgery 8 weeks ago. My colon cancer had spread into my abdominal cavity! They were giving me either 6 months to two years to live. Then I went for a second opinion at another hospital. So thankful I did, they got all the cancer they could see. I was referred to an oncologlist that will target my tumors! Has anyone else here considered Hipec?

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited September 2020 #2
    Weclome

Welcome to the forum.  To the best of my knowledge the HIPEC procedure (Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) is relatively new and reported to be promising.  I have no experience with it, but perhaps someone on the forum does and can chime in.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Welcome

Welcome to the board, and I'm sorry that I'm not able to help you with your question.  We have people on the board that has had this procedure before and I'm sure you will get much help.  It's always a great thing to get a second opinion, especially when you are going through a cancer diagnosis.  We have a great group here with lots of wisdom and always here to help. Wishing you the best.

Kim