Surgery

Tom M.
Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

Hi Everyone,  First I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. My liver ablation on 8-20 went very well. It started around 8 am and I was out of there by 11:30. Iam feeling pretty good, a little sore right after but I have no soreness at all now. I go back for a follow up in a month plus an MRI. Also in September I will see the Onc again. Hoping all of you are doing well as we all continue our journey. God Bless you all,  Tom

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Good to hear from you, Tom M

I just want to remind you that even though you feel no soreness, and thus probably tempted to do more than you should, the liver is still raw and healing from the ablation.

I pushed it too soon, and I feel the consequenses from that every single day.  

Take it easy for a couple of weeks at least, regardless of how you feel.  

Hopefully this is the last of the surgeries and chemo. 

Tru

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    edited August 2020 #3
    Hi Tom,  it is so good to

Hi Tom,  it is so good to hear you had a successful surgery!  I've been praying for you.

• Tom M.
    Trubrit said:

Good to hear from you, Tom M

I just want to remind you that even though you feel no soreness, and thus probably tempted to do more than you should, the liver is still raw and healing from the ablation.

I pushed it too soon, and I feel the consequenses from that every single day.  

Take it easy for a couple of weeks at least, regardless of how you feel.  

Hopefully this is the last of the surgeries and chemo. 

Tru

I remember reading that from you before Tru. I'll take it easy. Thanks.

• Tom M.

Hi Tom,  it is so good to

Hi Tom,  it is so good to hear you had a successful surgery!  I've been praying for you.

Thanks

Thank you Snap. I hope all is well with you.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Congratulations

Congratulations on a successful surgery and here's hoping for some calm and contemplative days before seeing the doctors again.

• Tom M.

Congratulations

Congratulations on a successful surgery and here's hoping for some calm and contemplative days before seeing the doctors again.

Thanks

Thank you SandiaBuddy.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited August 2020 #8
    Great

It's great that you are done with that and on your way to healing.  Wishing you the best on your follow up next month.

Kim

• Tom M.

Great

It's great that you are done with that and on your way to healing.  Wishing you the best on your follow up next month.

Kim

Thanks

Thank you Kim.

• Allidoisyoga
    Allidoisyoga Member Posts: 37
    This is wonderful

I am so happy you had a successful surgery.  Wishing you the best with your recovery over the coming days and weeks.  

I hope all of your followup appointments continue to go well.  Take care my friend.  

• Tom M.
    edited August 2020 #11
    Thanks

Thank you Alli.  Complain to your infusion nurses about the neuropathy. They have allot of pull with the doctors. Your're really in their care. They will most likely cut back on the oxy. Good luck and take care. I will be praying for you.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    edited August 2020 #12
    so glad your surgery went

so glad your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery. Hope you keep well and feel better soon. Your in my prayers Tom.

• Tom M.

so glad your surgery went

so glad your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery. Hope you keep well and feel better soon. Your in my prayers Tom.

Thanks

Thank you Sandy.

• Allidoisyoga
    Allidoisyoga Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2020 #14
    Tom M. said:

Thanks

Thank you Alli.  Complain to your infusion nurses about the neuropathy. They have allot of pull with the doctors. Your're really in their care. They will most likely cut back on the oxy. Good luck and take care. I will be praying for you.

Thank you friend

Thank you for your prayers.

My doctor was very responsive and did exactly what you said and lowered my dose. Thank you again for your kindness and insight and I am praying for you as well. 

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member

Hope that you recover quickly and get the best results possible!

• Tom M.

Hope that you recover quickly and get the best results possible!

Thanks

Thank you AZ.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Quick Healing Thoughts

Great to hear you are quickly on the mend 

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2020 #18
    Ned

I assume you are now NED(no evedence of Disease).   May you be that way forevermore!!

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Glad you came through so well

Glad you came through so well, wish I had the ablation as an option, but I believe the mets were too big. Getting cut worked out, since I'm 6 years clear in Sep., but avoiding the nerve damage and jumbo hernia [and subsequent surgery] would have been nice. I'm not complaining, I'm too grateful to be at this stage, but a less invasive way is a nice thing, you seem to have avoided a lot of hassles, going by my experience. May it be the last procedure you see..............................................Dave