Now I am really confused

Vegas Tommy
Vegas Tommy Member Posts: 11

What a roller coaster ride im taking and I have yet to be treated. I believed I had stage 4 renal cell carcinoma and then it was stage 3. Now they dont know 

what kind of cancer i have as the biopsy came back inconclusive. They were putting me on Sutent and then they told me not to take it. They believe

I may have Urothelial Carcinoma and rull it out as that is treated with chemo and not Sutent. The surgeon is saying that this tumor has the characteristics 

of bladder cancer and that is the mass in my Kidney. In the mean time this is eating up more time which is really starting to annoy me and will have end game

consequences if something doesnt happen soon. I found out I had cancer on July 2nd and have yet to be treated. They dont want to pull the kidney out till I 

have chemo first as the surgeon says I need it as platonium based chemo is hard on the kidney and I am right at that minimum kidney function with both. I

still am not convinced that this is not renal cell carcinoma and inside i feel like they are just testing me to death without treatment. I have had a biopsy on the

kidney, pet scan, Ct scans. MRI, numerous labs. and now they want to go inside the kidney through the ureter and visualy look right after I have a chest xray,

brain and bone scan. When they look inside my kidney they will install a chemo port if it is bladder cancer. How would I have have a huge 8CM x 5 CM mass

in my kidney and nothing aroung my bladder and it be bladder cancer?? 

Im just so confused and I just want the kidney gone asap. This covid is causing me delays in the VA and its gonna kill me without ever getting it. 

Anyone have any knowledge on this as I cannot find anything with doctor google that talks about a mass in the kidney that is caused by Urothelial Carcinoma.

Comments

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2020 #2
    Hi, Tommy, I recommend you

Hi, Tommy, I recommend you register in smartpatients.com and ask

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    I agree with Biner

Hi, Tommy.  Man, I feel for you and all the stuff you're going through.  With the complexity of your situation, I'd also like to point you to <smartpatients.com>. I'm sure one or more of them will be able to provide some insight.

Wishing you the best!

Stub