"Good Thought Exchange" date and time....

stub1969
stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member

What started off as an idea to celebrate NED status for the 2016 group has evolved into what I'd like to call a "Good Thoughts Exchange". Let's plan on Saturday, July 11 at 6 pm central time to toast, send good thoughts, eat a pizza (Jazz--a great way to remember Fox), send a prayer--whatever you like.  My hope is that each of us feels the presence of our members as we do this in unison.  

Let's continue to make a difference, folks!

Stub

Comments

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm in.

There are many of us who have fond memories of those who are no longer on the board; and miss those who have't posted for a long while.

Funny that you should call attention to this.  I thought of Fox the other day as his ## is still in my add/phone book.  I had called him to visit on the Friday morning before his passing....and am so glad I did.

Although I didn't join until a few years after the big surgeries, I'm a part of the 2006 group.  Now I'm seeing a nephrologist for the remaining kidney, just to be on the safe side.  Had a baseline US for him this week.

Raise the suds for the 11th.

Hugs to all.

donna_lee

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    great idea

I'm down. 

I also thought about Fox when reading some older posts. I had thought about copying/pasting some of his best pieces of advice into one thread. As soon as I have some free time, I might have to do that. 

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Foxy

I had a feeling that "pizza and beer" came from Fox but was not sure - I got to know of him but missed so much of his wisdom. Donna you give me hope since you are 10 years ahead of me in surgiversaries. My sweetie and I will be there with pizza and prayer. Take care -

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited July 2020 #5
    Count me In

Always time to thank and remember everyone especially Fox

who taught me so much

hopefully Ireland time would be doable

Annie

• jazzgirl
    edited July 2020 #6

Count me In

Always time to thank and remember everyone especially Fox

who taught me so much

hopefully Ireland time would be doable

Annie

Uh oh

Hi Annie, I think it will be midnight there - I'll be glad to have a second round with you earlier in the day! We were supposed to be in Ireland in May for my birthday - Dublin, Connemara, Fanore. Hope it will be possible next year.

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    edited July 2020 #7
    Saved the date

2016 Group?  Is there a 2012 Group?  I joined when Fox joined.  So, we arent part of your "group" but will join the moment at the designated date and time.   Thinking of all those wonderful people who are still here and those who are gone.  I miss so many.  Djinnie, Neal, Joe C, Texas Wedge, Ron.......  im glad CSN stores old emails from our precious friends.

• stub1969
    edited July 2020 #8
    a_oaklee said:

Saved the date

2016 Group?  Is there a 2012 Group?  I joined when Fox joined.  So, we arent part of your "group" but will join the moment at the designated date and time.   Thinking of all those wonderful people who are still here and those who are gone.  I miss so many.  Djinnie, Neal, Joe C, Texas Wedge, Ron.......  im glad CSN stores old emails from our precious friends.

Absolutely!

This is an all-inclusive celebration.  I'm hopeful every member of this forum will take a moment and send a positive thought or a prayer in unison.  Get ready to feel the love and warmth of our members on Saturday!

Stub

• jazzgirl
    Any year gathering

Definitely everyone who wants to join in! I'm so grateful for all of you. Take care -

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    I want to make a toast to everyone!

Thank you Stub for suggesting this. It has been 4 years now (NED news just came in this week, yay!) and I still remember those days as a newbie and the names from the Class of 2016. It is amazing how we try to help each other even as a newbie (and likely freaking out). Will always remember those names who FLY, Fox, Footstomper .... 

• stub1969
    Toast in 2 hours from now!!

Two hours away, folks.  I'm excited about our group celebration!

Stub

• jazzgirl
    ok couldn't wait

I've changed my profile photo for today to reflect our lunch - homemade pizza with wine (all out of beer, alas...).

Here are a couple of things on my mind as I think of all of you and your impact on my life during the past four years:

"I thank my God for every remembrance of you, contantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for you." (Phillippians 1:3-4)

And for my secular and other-faith tradition friends, 

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one'."  C.S. Lewis

Cheers to all of you, health and safety and peace to you and yours. Take care -

• eug91
    west coast toast

Downing a slice of pizza, thinking of how lucky we all are to be here to live and to love, saying a prayer of thanks for all our friends here, saying a prayer for all our friends gone too soon. 

• eug91
    eug91 said:

west coast toast

Downing a slice of pizza, thinking of how lucky we all are to be here to live and to love, saying a prayer of thanks for all our friends here, saying a prayer for all our friends gone too soon. 

and also-

Jazzgirl - wonderful thoughts. Thank God for you! 

Stub - Thank you for this great idea. 

• jazzgirl
    edited July 2020 #15
    eug91 said:

west coast toast

that looks good too!

...and I love "West Coast Toast" - that's exactly what we did. ps I didn't realize we could insert a photo into the messages - will do that next time!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    I just had pizza also. Thanks

I just had pizza also. Thanks to everyone for the support I've had on this site. I'm pretty much on my own so you have all been greatly appreciated!

• stub1969
    edited July 2020 #17
    Thanks, everybody!

What a wonderful evening we had tonight.  We celebrated with friends---some of our closest ones that helped us through diagnosis and surgery.  I had such a wonderful feeling all night long--I know it was our members sharing prayers and positive thoughts.  Thanks for being part of this celebration--you definitely made an impact!

Wishing you all the very best!

Stub

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2020 #18
    I was late...

But had a 1/2 can of beer on Sunday at dinner time. The other half can was donated to the slugs in my hubby's vegie garden.  I didn't think it appropriate to drink in front of my hired teen yard worker gal.  

And they say working the soil is good for your health, so I must be really healthy after the past few weekends.  My yard work clothes are definitely not the Martha Stewart type.  Sitting in the dirt, pulling, pruning, digging, etc. I had dirt in my ear, eyes, socks, stuff stuck in my hair, and wet socks before I finished; and the temp was in the 80's at our house.

To Fox, Texas Wedge, and others; and to the survivors who are still being tested.  To You!!

Hugs,

donna_lee

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    jazzgirl said:

ok couldn't wait

I've changed my profile photo for today to reflect our lunch - homemade pizza with wine (all out of beer, alas...).

Here are a couple of things on my mind as I think of all of you and your impact on my life during the past four years:

"I thank my God for every remembrance of you, contantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for you." (Phillippians 1:3-4)

And for my secular and other-faith tradition friends, 

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one'."  C.S. Lewis

Cheers to all of you, health and safety and peace to you and yours. Take care -

Thanks for the quotes

I missed the toast...

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    A toast such a wonderful idea

Thanks Stub. I'm a month late but am so thankful for all the great advice and humor and love from you all. Thanks everyone.

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Better late than never!

Great idea Stub!  I am late to the party but I will definately try to put some good karma in the till.  

Cheers,  Skagway