Still looking good

jeffman
jeffman Member Posts: 46 Member

I just had my latest PSA ultrasensative test (a few months late because of Covid precautions) and after 33 months still showing <0.01ng/mL

I have my 6 month follow-up/MRI after a partial nephrectomy this past January coming up in 3 weeks and hoping for more positive news.

Just thinking that  the term "new normal" is nothing new to many of us here.

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2020 #2
    Great news

Hi Jeffman,

Hopefully many more undetectables in the future for ya..........

Dave 3+4

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
    Glad to here

Always glad to hear good news.  Hopefully this will continue.  Best of kuck on your journey.

• Damp
    Damp Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2020 #4
    My results

I recently had my 3 yr. prostatectomy/diverticulotomy follow up, and the positive part is that my psa is still undectable.  However, my incontinence hasn't improved much if at all.  My issues are very inconsistent.  I can go several nights being dry, and for no apparent reason I will have several wet nights.  Day time is different.  Again, there are days when I can go most of the day without changing my diaper, but then there are days when I can change 2-3 times.  Accept for retaining more than I should, not being able to completly relax my bladder sphincter, and having a large capacity bladder, my tests are fairly normal.  My urologist has suggested further treatments, but at 73 yrs. of age, and now dealing with heart disease I really don't want anymore invasive procedures.  I will be having a pacemaker implanted in a few weeks which is adding to my anxiety.  Am I giving up?  Maybe.  My heart problems are taking center stage at his point of my life.  Needing to wear diapers seems minor in comparison.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member
    edited July 2020 #5
    "new normal"

Jeff,

Great news on the Zeros. Let us enjoy the news on continuing remission.

Best,

VG