Scan results - sort of

jazzgirl
jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member

Hi Everyone, I see that the site will be down tonight and really hope they don't lose content again. Had CT and chest Xray Friday. Seems like it's always right before the weekend. Radiologists notes came through mychart, but I don't see the doc until tomorrow morning in a video appointment. So there were a few notes about something on the left side (where there is no kidney or maybe vestiges of a little primal one from birth...) with "attention on follow-up recommended". More concerning to me was mention of "pulmonary hyperinflation and flattening of the diaphragm compatible with background COPD." What?? Well, that's out of the blue with absolutely no symptoms (hmmm - my exact words when I was told I had a kidney tumor!) I just wanted to throw that out there for prayers, good thoughts, whatever you are inclined to toss my was as I wait for my appointment tomorrow. Thanks; take care all -

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Prayers, good thoughts.......

All of the above are with you from Iowa.  I look forward to hearing what your doctor says.

Take care, my friend!

Stub

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2020 #3
    Good thoughts jazz.  

Good thoughts jazz.  

• jazzgirl
    Thanks guys -

And as of the moment, the scan has not reached my doc. For somereason they cannot send electronically, but a physical CD through snail mail! So he will talk me through the report in the morning, with or without the scans in front of him, and we'll go from there. Still countig on that pizza party!

• Bay Area Guy
    jazzgirl said:

Thanks guys -

And as of the moment, the scan has not reached my doc. For somereason they cannot send electronically, but a physical CD through snail mail! So he will talk me through the report in the morning, with or without the scans in front of him, and we'll go from there. Still countig on that pizza party!

Any update jazz?  I have the

Any update jazz?  I have the fixins for the pizza ready, the beer is on ice and the wine is breathing (whatever that means).

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    awesome

"NO EVIDENCE" is what we want to hear. Congrats, Jazzgirl! 

• Bay Area Guy
    jazzgirl said:

Pizza

ok - thanks for your patience - that took a while. The abdominal CT scan finally got to my surgeon and got read by radiologists there:  "no evidence of tumor recurrence or new finding; no changes in the known renal cyst; no evidence of metastastic disease."  I'm still waiting for my primary care doc to review the chest xray since COPD was mentioned and that is a surprise. Surgeon said he didn't see anything real unusual in it, although he's primarly looking for nodes and didn't see any, so I'm hanging onto that. Sausage, mushroom, and green olive, please. Dark beer. Or red wine. Take care!

Good news jazz!

Good news jazz!

Although I can see there's going to be a need for multiple pizzas.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Nice!!

I've been waiting for this news!  Now catch your breath and celebrate!

Stub

• jazzgirl
    Pizza

ok - thanks for your patience - that took a while. The abdominal CT scan finally got to my surgeon and got read by radiologists there:  "no evidence of tumor recurrence or new finding; no changes in the known renal cyst; no evidence of metastastic disease."  I'm still waiting for my primary care doc to review the chest xray since COPD was mentioned and that is a surprise. Surgeon said he didn't see anything real unusual in it, although he's primarly looking for nodes and didn't see any, so I'm hanging onto that. Sausage, mushroom, and green olive, please. Dark beer. Or red wine. Take care!

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited July 2020 #10
    Wow. prayers and kisses

Coming your way

great news

Annie

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited July 2020 #11
    NED is the best! 

NED is the best!