CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

And I hate it. But, im still here.

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited June 2020 #2
    Keep it up

It will be double digits before you know it.

icemantoo

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2020 #3
    All the best! It will be my 4

All the best! It will be my 4 year scan in a few weeks.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Hope you get a good scan!

Hope you get a good scan!

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2020 #5
    It'll be no problem.

It'll be no problem.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2020 #6
    You'll have to join Bay and I with a toast!

I didn't realize how many of us were part of the 4-year group.  My scans are on the 26th.  We'll organize a day/time for a NED toast.

CRash and Lobbyist--good luck!

Stub

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2020 #7
    NED

stub, it just means we all got bit that the same time, kinda weird, Class of 2016, I guess. And I am NED. I hope you guys get the same results.

• Smi
    Smi Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2020 #8
    Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2020 #9
    YAY!

Congrats on NED! I'm due for my 2.5 year scan this month too.. My oncologist said to do it, but my Urolgic/surgeon/oncologist said we could just do an ultrasound in December. I wanna do the ct just for peace of mind, but at the same time it may not be necessary since my odds are what.. 5% since I was stage 1 grade 2 and my tumor was only 3.2 cm so... Do I really need the extra rasiation..? what would you do? 

Stephanie

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2020 #10
    Steph85 said:

YAY!

Congrats on NED! I'm due for my 2.5 year scan this month too.. My oncologist said to do it, but my Urolgic/surgeon/oncologist said we could just do an ultrasound in December. I wanna do the ct just for peace of mind, but at the same time it may not be necessary since my odds are what.. 5% since I was stage 1 grade 2 and my tumor was only 3.2 cm so... Do I really need the extra rasiation..? what would you do? 

Stephanie

Peace of mind.....

goes a long way--as if I need to say that to a fellow (former) cancer patient.  With that being said, I would think about asking your doctor to see if he/she would support rotating between a CT and US.  

Good luck!

Stub

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2020 #11
    stub1969 said:

Peace of mind.....

goes a long way--as if I need to say that to a fellow (former) cancer patient.  With that being said, I would think about asking your doctor to see if he/she would support rotating between a CT and US.  

Good luck!

Stub

Thanks! Yeah, I called my Doc

Thanks! Yeah, I called my Doc to see about scheduling the ct since it was a year ago. I've started having night sweats, extreme fatigue since saturday and dramatic weight loss out of nowhere. And memory issues.. Did I say this already? Ruled out hormones now wondering if its sleep apnea. Hopefully its just that and nothing scary. 7 months after having the open partial neph, my body went into crazy inflammation mode and I now have chronic pain issues. Fibromyalgia, chronic joint pain, and myofascial pain. My pain is finally decreased. More good days than bad.. Sorry to ramble. Have a good day stub!

-steph

• Bay Area Guy
    edited June 2020 #12
    Steph85 said:

YAY!

Stephanie

I prefer the CT, but it's

I prefer the CT, but it's because I have some other concerns I like to get checked.  I have strange intestines (family trait) that like to twist at inopportune times.  I have already had two surgeries for that (2004 and 2010).  Also, my dad had a weakened aorta and my paternal grandfather died of a ruptured aorta.  So the CT checks both the intestines and my aorta.

And, yes, I'm aware I seem to be on a six year schedule of getting sliced open.....2004, 2010 and 2016.  So, I wanna make sure nothing comes up in 2022!

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member

I prefer the CT, but it's

I prefer the CT, but it's because I have some other concerns I like to get checked.  I have strange intestines (family trait) that like to twist at inopportune times.  I have already had two surgeries for that (2004 and 2010).  Also, my dad had a weakened aorta and my paternal grandfather died of a ruptured aorta.  So the CT checks both the intestines and my aorta.

And, yes, I'm aware I seem to be on a six year schedule of getting sliced open.....2004, 2010 and 2016.  So, I wanna make sure nothing comes up in 2022!

Good luck Crasht

Praying hard for all of you

The aorta thing scares me more than the cancer  albeit more a issue in the male variety

sorry about the family history 

glad you are on a path BAG

that must mean a lot in terms of knowledg 

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2020 #14
    Class of 2016

Hi Everyone, I know I've been missing from contributing for a while but have been reading and seeing lots of "classmates" from 4 years ago. I know Stub and BayAreaGuy were around the same time as my surgery; looks like others as well. Usually I travel back to where I worked for all my preventive maintenance and follow ups but no travel these days. So I will have my CT scan tomorrow (alternate US/CT each year) and video appointment with my surgeon/urologist/oncologist next Wed. I'm not crazy about walking into a facility tomorrow - we've been really careful through all this. But it's an early appointment and with covid worries I haven't had a chance to get my usual anxiety about the scan. Well, not quite true, and I know the week between scan and followup with the doc with be not my calmest. But I'm looking forward to the NED party Stub mentioned - virtual pizza and beer? Take care -

• jazzgirl
    edited June 2020 #15
    Class of 2016

Sorry about the double post - can't find a delete button

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited June 2020 #16
    Crashster, congrats with

Crashster, congrats with Uncle NED visit! Stub, Steph, Jazzgirl, good luck with your scans!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited June 2020 #17
    Congrats, Crashster. Great

Congrats, Crashster. Great news! 

Steph, I do US instead of CT but do whatever gives you peace of mind. All the best!

• Bay Area Guy
    edited June 2020 #18
    Congrats Crashter.  Hope your

Congrats Crashter.  Hope your scans were good too jazz girl

• Bryn1108
    Bryn1108 Member Posts: 97 Member
    4 yr group

I am in the 4 year group.   But, I will be having spinal metastasis tumor surgery on July 28 and 29th to remove this tumor.  There will be 3 surgeons and I just found out last scan I now have a 1 cm spot on my only kidney.  So I'm still on the battlefield.   Bestest to all.  

• jazzgirl
    Bryn1108 said:

4 yr group

I am in the 4 year group.   But, I will be having spinal metastasis tumor surgery on July 28 and 29th to remove this tumor.  There will be 3 surgeons and I just found out last scan I now have a 1 cm spot on my only kidney.  So I'm still on the battlefield.   Bestest to all.  

Hi Bryn

Sorry we have all been throwing good news and semi-good news around and of course there are you and others out there facing not so rosy scenarios. Healing prayers go out to you as you prepare for your surgery (2 surgeries?). You can also start a new post so people can address you more readily. When on the main page, click on "Add new Forum topic." I read through your profile and realized the formula you gave for water per day (half body weight in ounces) is spot on for what my nephrologist suggested. Never thought about it that way. Take care and please let us know how surgery went and how things continue for you.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    edited June 2020 #21
    Great news Crashter!

Congrats!

I'm also the class of 2016! 4 year group.