3 year CT now ultrasound?

I had sigmoid colon cancer almost 3 years ago. I had a resection and did chemo. I went in for my annual abdonmen & pelvic CT scan on Monday and they called me Tuesday to tell me the Dr saw cystic area in the pelvis on the CT and I need to go in for a pelvic ultrasound next week before I see the Dr. That is all they told me and I am Freeking out! I have no idea what they are looking for. I really wish they would have told me more. Does anyone have a clue what that means or what they could be looking for on the ultrasound? I am praying the cancers not back!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    Hello and welcome to the forum

You've already been through the ringer once, I hope that you do not have to go through it again. 

I can't offer any advice, not knowing what they would be looking for with a pelvic ultrasound. I too hope it is not Cancer, and will keep you in my thoughts and send good vibes your way. 

Someone else here, may be able to enlighten you though. 

Tru

• zx10guy
    zx10guy Member Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2020 #3
    It's probably nothing.  When

It's probably nothing.  When my liver enzymes were shooting up during chemo treatment and taking Celebrex, my doc had me stop the Celebrex as that was what he felt was causing the liver enzymes to spike up.  But he ordered an ultrasound of my liver and upper abdomen as a just in case.  I however made the mistake of reading the scan orders where he stated the ultrasound was to rule out metastatic spread.  In the end, the ultrasound showed everything was fine.

I've learned that if the docs are really concerned about something being cancerous, an MRI or PET scan would have been ordered.