I thought They Closed This Joint....

Peter_S
Peter_S Member Posts: 109
edited May 2020 in Colorectal Cancer #1

The neon light was flickering in the window so I decided to climb over the yellow crime scene tape and make my way to the front door. Imagine my surprise when I wasn't thrown out -- don't tell me you folks are letting me back in here?.

I may not come in these days but all of you are in my thoughts more than you know and you live in my heart. I do lurk at times -- lurking in the darkness has many perks, I get to meet other bat like creatures and in fact I find whole "bat like creature community" fascinating. My biggest challenge has been learning to sleep while hanging upside down.  I've broken all the rods in our closets and the shower curtain rod looks like a pretzel. However, I always land on my head so no harm done. I'm not giving up either no matter how many brain MRI's I have to have.

It's been almost a year and a half since my surgery and stumbling into this little oasis where I found both the support and sanctuary I so desperately needed. With the exception of nodules in my lungs and something called "Ground Glass" neither of which seem to be of any concern to my Dr, my scans are clean. But it was a difficult year my Father died in January, it was a long and cruel death. Ironically it was a year from the day we lost Harley.

My neuropathy is still off the charts and these days my right big toe is a screaming, shrieking demon from the bowels of hell. I've found CBD oil to be remarkably effective although it took quite a long time to find a company that was legitimate which I eventually did and and have built a shrine to the benefits of CBD in our living room out of Hemp plants which made Sean furious because the dogs keep lifting their leg on it. Well, that's the scoop, we have a now one year old American Bulldog named Luca. He's a handful, already over 90 pounds and still growing so fast that I fully intend to put a saddle on, grab my Parasol and clippity clop into town.

I hope all of you are well - like I said, I keep my eye on this place and most of you seem to be behaving. I see few of you are still causing trouble I won't mention names I'll just glance in said persons direction (glares at Sandy).  After they fully lift the isolation in CT I had considered having another Suprep party until I remembered last year and how many of you didn't bring your own toilets.   

Comments

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Order us some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive. Impossible to walk in this muck. No footing at all.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2020 #3
    I’m conflicted about this

I’m conflicted about this joint. While it’s really a dive and one I don’t want to be seen in, I’m so very glad its here. I get to catch up with my fellow bar flies... you included! 

Glad to hear you are doing well. My sympathies for your father. 

I’m happy to hear about the new pup and very glad to hear that somehow Sean is able to tolerate you both.

love and kisses

k

• Peter_S

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Order us some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive. Impossible to walk in this muck. No footing at all.

Any mention of golf and I think of......

Caddyshack - especially the scenes with Rodney Dangerfield and Ted Knight, talk imortal, not to mention how perfect Dangerfields bag was. Thanks for the reply CD and I hope you're doing well. 

• Peter_S
    Kazenmax said:

I’m conflicted about this

I’m conflicted about this joint. While it’s really a dive and one I don’t want to be seen in, I’m so very glad its here. I get to catch up with my fellow bar flies... you included! 

Glad to hear you are doing well. My sympathies for your father. 

I’m happy to hear about the new pup and very glad to hear that somehow Sean is able to tolerate you both.

love and kisses

k

Look At You In Your "Personel Sized" Yacht...

Don't let me fool you, I know that's a Catamaran. It's wonderful to see you and I agree this place saved me too. I appreciate the condolences and kind words about our Tasmanian Devil in a dog suit.

The furniture is ruined, the hard wood floors destroyed and the carpets are shredded not to mention the destruction inside the car. Now admittedly I did these things but it was out of frustration because of the puppy.

Thanks for saying hello Kaz, I hope all is well with even better days ahead 
  • Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    edited May 2020 #6
    Good to hear from you Peter.

Good to hear from you Peter. Thanks for the laughs.....I won't glare anymore. haha  Sorry to hear about your loss. I to had a loss at the end of March. Its hard especially with all this isolation at the same time. Happy to hear your doing so well. I have been 4 years colon cancer free and 2 years kidney cancer free now. Stay Ned and keep safe.

• Peter_S
    edited May 2020 #7

Good to hear from you Peter.

Good to hear from you Peter. Thanks for the laughs.....I won't glare anymore. haha  Sorry to hear about your loss. I to had a loss at the end of March. Its hard especially with all this isolation at the same time. Happy to hear your doing so well. I have been 4 years colon cancer free and 2 years kidney cancer free now. Stay Ned and keep safe.

Sandy, You Look Bee-utiful...

Glad to see you made parole and thank you for the kind words. I had read of your loss and offer my heartfelt sympathy - I hope in the memory of such a beautiful love that you find some comfort and that these same memories can ease your pain. Your right about this isolation it's maddening  but not as much as the lame brains who refuse to follow it.

Hopefully it'll pass soon and I'll be at your house for Thanksgiving before you know it! (thought I forgot didn't ya?)
  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    It is good to see an old face

And I'm talking about the avatar you put up before this little puppy - who is also beautiful. 

It is so good of you to check in with us. Your sense of humour is much needed as well as your good report.  

Let us all hope life starts to treat us better, in many ways. 

Tru

• Peter_S
    Trubrit said:

It is good to see an old face

And I'm talking about the avatar you put up before this little puppy - who is also beautiful. 

It is so good of you to check in with us. Your sense of humour is much needed as well as your good report.  

Let us all hope life starts to treat us better, in many ways. 

Tru

You Were Right The First Time

I'm so old when the Dr wanted my age he sent me out for carbon testing, everything fell to my face, I felt something slapping against my heels so I looked over my shoulder, it was my A**, I wrote the word "fossil" into Google, my picture came up. Ok well, enough of that, I'm old but I'm here - here, and so very happy to see you.

I owe you big time I bought a Bidet, the one that hangs by the toilet tank and aside from the endless source of off color humor it provides, it's a real game changer. I hope you're doing and feeling well it truly is wonderful to see you - thanks for the warm hello and kind words. 

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update

So good to see your update and thank you for checking in.  I'm sorry to hear about your father.

That neuropathy can be a bugger to control and mine is still here after 11 years.  I've been on gabapentine which seems to take the edge off most of the time, but somedays are worse than others (especially the cold).  Glad that the CBD is working for you.

Wishing you the best in the future, and come back more often to let us know how you are doing.

Kim

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Peter_S said:

Sandy, You Look Bee-utiful...

Glad to see you made parole and thank you for the kind words. I had read of your loss and offer my heartfelt sympathy - I hope in the memory of such a beautiful love that you find some comfort and that these same memories can ease your pain. Your right about this isolation it's maddening  but not as much as the lame brains who refuse to follow it.

Hopefully it'll pass soon and I'll be at your house for Thanksgiving before you know it! (thought I forgot didn't ya?)
    See ya then! Thanks for the

See ya then! Thanks for the thoughts Peter.....they mean a lot. 

• Peter_S

Update

So good to see your update and thank you for checking in.  I'm sorry to hear about your father.

That neuropathy can be a bugger to control and mine is still here after 11 years.  I've been on gabapentine which seems to take the edge off most of the time, but somedays are worse than others (especially the cold).  Glad that the CBD is working for you.

Wishing you the best in the future, and come back more often to let us know how you are doing.

Kim

Hiya Kim..

Thanks Kim, it's really wonderful knowing this place is here, helping others through this awful disease. Neuropathy is no picnic I've had it for about 10-12 years but it was manageable for quite some time now it's disabling I'm seeing a Podiatric Surgeon in early June and hoping he has some ideas for me.

Lyrica worked well for me for years but was awfully expensive. The Patent has expired and now the generic "Pregabalin" is available and very affordable maybe talk to your Dr about giving it a try - great to see you looking and sounding so well.

Peter  
  • beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    I've missed all this colorful

I've missed all this colorful prose, but I knew it meant that someone had embraced a new 'lease' on life and was off living it, and that's as good as things get here. A sad coincidence that my Harley passed early February, a year ago, a peaceful, painful vestige of my late wife's legacy. Now I'm just doing me for a while. Glad your moving on with things and still going for laughs, through it all, I've always admired that style, even if I'm a bit too somber to pull it off. Good to hear from you................................................................Dave

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Kids

Seeing that in a few weeks I will celebrate my 88th birthday,I consider all of you to be just kids!   Cannot believe I have been NED for 10 years now.  May you all be NED and out live me.

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    danker said:

Kids

Seeing that in a few weeks I will celebrate my 88th birthday,I consider all of you to be just kids!   Cannot believe I have been NED for 10 years now.  May you all be NED and out live me.

danker, I just love you and

danker, I just love you and seeing your posts!  You are so cool in my book!  Happy early Birthday to you!!!

• Peter_S
    edited May 2020 #16

I've missed all this colorful

I've missed all this colorful prose, but I knew it meant that someone had embraced a new 'lease' on life and was off living it, and that's as good as things get here. A sad coincidence that my Harley passed early February, a year ago, a peaceful, painful vestige of my late wife's legacy. Now I'm just doing me for a while. Glad your moving on with things and still going for laughs, through it all, I've always admired that style, even if I'm a bit too somber to pull it off. Good to hear from you................................................................Dave

Dave, Your Taste In Writing Has NOT Improved...

You can turn quite a phrase yourself, your undeniable Bruce Springsteen / Christopher Walken coolness shines through whatever you write and it's always a pleasure to read.

I remember it was a few nights before my surgery and I was terrified. In my brain I had only two options death or wishing for death, the ability to reason had long escaped me. I posted a rant and you replied by writing that you found my post "both sad and maniacally funny at the same time" I may be paraphrasing the beginning but you definitely used the word Maniacally. It was the best compliment I have ever received.

Every day your out there, living your life, every hour and every moment being true to yourself, you honor your wife and Harley too, I am truly sorry for your loss. Cancer keeps teaching me that we're here for but a moment and then we're gone. You inspire people, you inspire me and that my friend is a true gift, brilliant and rare.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited May 2020 #17
    Peter_S said:

Hiya Kim..

Thanks Kim, it's really wonderful knowing this place is here, helping others through this awful disease. Neuropathy is no picnic I've had it for about 10-12 years but it was manageable for quite some time now it's disabling I'm seeing a Podiatric Surgeon in early June and hoping he has some ideas for me.

Lyrica worked well for me for years but was awfully expensive. The Patent has expired and now the generic "Pregabalin" is available and very affordable maybe talk to your Dr about giving it a try - great to see you looking and sounding so well.

Peter  
    Peter

That's good to know.  My doctor's appointment next week, unfortunately, has been cancelled so I'll have to wait to talk to him, but I'll ask him about changing mediciations.  It's good to know that it has now been able to get a generic alternative which makes it so much less expensive for patients.  Once again, it's so good to see you.  It looks like your dog is very photogenic.  Love the pose with the paw, it's priceless.

Kim

• k8
    k8 Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2020 #18
    Good to see you back

I've wondered when you'd be back. Sorry for you loss. Great to read your laughter again. It makes my heart smile. Stay safe and healthy Peter. 

Kate

• Peter_S
    Kate, Kate, Kate...

It's great to see you, I often think of you and hope you're doing well and that goes for both of you. Thanks for your kind words I send you a big hug, wishes for good health, staying safe and sanity in these crazy times ~ Peter

• ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    Good to "see" you again

The joint was closed temporarily awhile back and they lost all posts prior to the date when the site went down. Maybe your posts broke the site, jk. It is good to see you haven't lost your quirky sense of humor. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My deepest condolences. It is difficult to lose a parent.

Stay well,

Ellen