covid19 hustling rip offs

SnapDragon2
SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member

My grandkids mom told me baby formula was hard to get.  People without babies are buying it up and reselling on fb.  I told her she should get the seller to meet her for buying and group of them should meet the persons and take the formula and just give the person store price. SMH

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited March 2020 #2
    Terrible

There were two brothers that bought up 18,000 hand sanitizers and was selling it from $7 to $80 online.  They eventually got caught and authorities are looking into them.  This is terrible that people are so insensitive and callus.  Hope this hoarding lessens.  There is plenty of water (finally) in Walmart where we are (pallets and pallets), it's just TP, chicken and beef that are in short supply.  Wishing everyone safety.

Kim

• SnapDragon2
    People don't surprise me any

People don't surprise me any more with their sick ways.  I am glad you guys finally got some stock in.  Here, wal-mart is a constant madhouse I hear. Maybe try your local meat market if you have one close.  We get our meat, chicken and eggs from a local meat market. 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2020 #4
    Some people are just plain SB's

Scum Bags!

They have no care or feeling. They would rip off their own mother's. 

Still the toilet paper is gone from our local shops - we have three in our rural town, including Walmart. 

Two of our shops have started a senior hour, 1st thing on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some loo rolls tomorrow. 

So, we just have to grin and bare the SB's because they will always be part of the human race. 

Tru

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #5
    Trubrit said:

Scum Bags!

Still the toilet paper is gone from our local shops - we have three in our rural town, including Walmart. 

Two of our shops have started a senior hour, 1st thing on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some loo rolls tomorrow. 

So, we just have to grin and bare the SB's because they will always be part of the human race. 

Tru

Agree and agree!  Here senior

Agree and agree!  Here senior hour is every day.  I hope you get the TP and anything else you need.

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2020 #6
    LOL sorta glad I have the

LOL sorta glad I have the colostomy bag now... less to wipe..... OMG someone tell me to shut up!Tongue Out

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #7
    Hilarious!!!!  You crazy girl

Hilarious!!!!  You crazy girl, lol.

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2020 #8
    AnneO1965 said:

LOL sorta glad I have the colostomy bag now... less to wipe..... OMG someone tell me to shut up!Tongue Out

Hi Anne,

as a former "user" of illeostomy bag I understand and appretiate your humor Wink.

Take care of yourself

Suzy

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited March 2020 #9
    It Is Crazy

And it pisses me off because it causes more shortages.  I understand getting some things, maybe a tad extra.  But the hoarding is messing with "at risk" patients and health care providers.

• NewHere
    edited March 2020 #10

Terrible

There were two brothers that bought up 18,000 hand sanitizers and was selling it from $7 to $80 online.  They eventually got caught and authorities are looking into them.  This is terrible that people are so insensitive and callus.  Hope this hoarding lessens.  There is plenty of water (finally) in Walmart where we are (pallets and pallets), it's just TP, chicken and beef that are in short supply.  Wishing everyone safety.

Kim

They Donated The Balance

One of the brothers was interviewed by the NYT about his "business" and how he went everywhere buying things up.  Then was whining about how amazon shut off his ability to sell when they saw the gouging.  Guess he exepected sympathy.  Kind of back fired on him.  He wound up donating the balance which was some crazy amount left - maybe close to the 18,000 number, he did not move much beforehand.

• NewHere
    edited March 2020 #11
    Trubrit said:

Scum Bags!

Tru

Oh Man Tru Is MAD!!!

I think this is the maddest I have seen you in five years.  If you like, since you were kind enough to teach me some English phrases since we met, I am happy to provide you some lessons on how to speak like a New Yawker for ocassions like this ;)

• NewHere
    edited March 2020 #12
    AnneO1965 said:

Anne Keep It Going

There is a time and place of course for it, but  with all we go through with cancer (and now covid-19) having a sense of humor is a good thing.  My wife shakes her head sometimes with some of my cancer comments i come up with then laughs.  And I laughed at your comment.  Which is appreciated. 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2020 #13
    NewHere said:

Oh Man Tru Is MAD!!!

I think this is the maddest I have seen you in five years.  If you like, since you were kind enough to teach me some English phrases since we met, I am happy to provide you some lessons on how to speak like a New Yawker for ocassions like this ;)

Please do!

I would love to try a few phrases out on some of the locals. 

I went to Walmart at 5:55 am - now you have to understand, I have always shopped around the 5 - 6 am hour, nothing new to me. But now of course, there is a line halfway across the parking lot at 5:55.  I sit in my car and wait until the doors open. When I get in, that very line is now all down the isle leading to the loo rolls.  I will NOT wait in line for loo rolls, so I was unsucsessful for the 5th shopping trip.   

It is craziness! 

I am glad you enjoyed my flowery language.  

Tru

• cinda
    cinda Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2020 #14
    buying food

I live in Indiana. the govenor has limit the amout of products you can get,most item only one except vegs 2 each. Its sad he had to make us do whats right. 

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #15
    cinda said:

buying food

I live in Indiana. the govenor has limit the amout of products you can get,most item only one except vegs 2 each. Its sad he had to make us do whats right. 

It is sad.  I talked with

It is sad.  I talked with family today in OH.  They told me the national guard was called in to give out food yesterday at their local food bank because of a riot last week.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited March 2020 #16
    NewHere said:

They Donated The Balance

One of the brothers was interviewed by the NYT about his "business" and how he went everywhere buying things up.  Then was whining about how amazon shut off his ability to sell when they saw the gouging.  Guess he exepected sympathy.  Kind of back fired on him.  He wound up donating the balance which was some crazy amount left - maybe close to the 18,000 number, he did not move much beforehand.

Absurd

That is absurd, and didn't hear that about his "business".  I'm sorry but if you have a pandemic and you go around to every store to buy them out, you know you are doing something wrong.  Glad that Amazon shut him down, but donating the stuff doesn't make him a better person.  The only reason he did it was because he got caught.

Kim

• Gail E
    Gail E Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2020 #17
    AnneO1965 said:

Bidet

Since we're sharing, I must say that my husband both love having a bidet. We hardly use any toilet paper. Just once in a while for a little quality control!