Maglets

maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

I can hardly believe I am here. It all seems so strange ...so long ago. I wonder if anyone is still here from those days when I depended on this site so very deeply. I am still going after colorectal to liver back to liver and then a fresh battle with breast.  And now coved 19..I feel so deeply sorry for cancer patients  seeking treatment as this viral situation appears to be escalating out of control.....2005.  When I began...sending love and support...maggie

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2020 #2
    YES! YES! YES!

How happy I am to see your post.  I have mentioned you a couple of times in the past, hoping that someone had heard from you.  The last I remember was your new battle with breast Cancer. 

So, how are you doing? 

Tru

• maglets
    Oh my goodness

Oh how lovely to see you. Yes I am alive and going forward...feeling shakey just being here..so much emotion...so many friends lost..glad to see you

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Egad! A voice from the past

It's so good to hear from you, Mags! I'm still around lurking in the shadows. Hope you are doing well. Are you still making summer treks to your cabin?

Love ya,

Wolfen

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2020 #5
    And nice to meet you Mags.

Not only a voice from the past (well before my stage III experience), but a voice for the long future as well.Wink

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited March 2020 #6
    Maglets

So good to see your post.  I'm glad that you are still here posting and wishing you well.  Continue that road to recovery as we continue moving forward with life.  Stay safe dear.

Kim

• Annabelle41415
    edited March 2020 #7
    wolfen said:

It's so good to hear from you, Mags! I'm still around lurking in the shadows. Hope you are doing well. Are you still making summer treks to your cabin?

Love ya,

Wolfen

Wow

Wolfen I've often thought about you through the years as your daughter was diagnosed right around the same time. She was such an inspiration on this board.  It's good to see your post and wish you good health and stay safe.

Kim

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2020 #8
    Hi Mags, good to hear from

Hi Mags, good to hear from you. I remember the new diagnosis and then didn't hear from you much, and I thought the damn stuff had you, and here you are 4 years or so later! Just too tough I guess, lol. We've lost some voices over time, and some have returned occassionally, checking in whilst moving on from this part of their lives. We just had an "outage" which shakes some loose, though most find their way back, eventually. I always assumed your pic was taken on your porch, and you seemed so content. I find being parked out front of the house, watching the birds, fruit trees, and passersby to be my most comfortable place, and now with this virus stuff, it's a pretty safe spot as well. I'm glad you checked in, it's a comforting thing to have long-time folks heard from, so many just go quiet, and your left to wonder. Take care.....................................................Dave

• Daisy13
    Daisy13 Member Posts: 43 Member
    Hello old friends

Devotion10 here ... was part of the crew way back when ... came back for a little bit as Daisy13.  Still check in every now and then to see how folks are doing. Peace ~ Cynthia

• Trubrit
    Daisy13 said:

Hello old friends

Devotion10 here ... was part of the crew way back when ... came back for a little bit as Daisy13.  Still check in every now and then to see how folks are doing. Peace ~ Cynthia

Devotion - yes

I clicked on your profile on Sunday, had forgotten that they took it down.  Your avatar, holding hands, still there though.  I am happy to see your name and know that you are checking in.  

The forum has become a ghost town, especially since the last crash, which lasted two weeks. So many have not returned. And with the vius, so few are joining. 

It is good to see you here. Love the little heart inside the daisy. 

Tru

• Daisy13
    Trubrit said:

Devotion - yes

I clicked on your profile on Sunday, had forgotten that they took it down.  Your avatar, holding hands, still there though.  I am happy to see your name and know that you are checking in.  

The forum has become a ghost town, especially since the last crash, which lasted two weeks. So many have not returned. And with the vius, so few are joining. 

It is good to see you here. Love the little heart inside the daisy. 

Tru

Hi Sweet Tru

I have marveled through the years that you have stayed so active and helpful to so many. It was sad when I was removed from the site when all I was trying to do was get Pete to be respectful to the variety of treatment options folks would choose. It bcame a silly, sad dust up.  I had put a great deal of energy into providing support and also it was not that long after the death of my husband so it was particularly painful. I originally joined in 2009 I think ... well, I suppose I might be dismissed again as I have been using another name, but I have seldom if ever posted. Oh my I am out!  My goodness, remember back then. Bless Pete and all those who were so active.  It was such a strong support system ... and I see that still the support continues.  It is a rough time for those with immune-compromised systems. Holding everyone in the lght. Thanks for saying hello. Peace ~ Cynthia

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2020 #12
    Encouragement

I don't come on as often as i used to.  But then I realize the new pople need to know it can be beat!!!  As a survivor of 10 years, soon to be 88,I'm living proof that it (cancer) is not the death sentance it wasa long time ago.  Just take it a day at a time and hope for the best.  Good luck to you all!!!

• Daisy13
    edited April 2020 #13
    Maglets, Wolfen, Danker, Kim,

I wanted to say hello to each of you as well as Tru.  Years ago you gave me tremendous support through rough times. I wish you all the best.

Peace,

Devotion10 / Daisy13 / Cynthia :)

• Trubrit
    edited April 2020 #14
    Daisy13 said:

Hi Sweet Tru

I have marveled through the years that you have stayed so active and helpful to so many. It was sad when I was removed from the site when all I was trying to do was get Pete to be respectful to the variety of treatment options folks would choose. It bcame a silly, sad dust up.  I had put a great deal of energy into providing support and also it was not that long after the death of my husband so it was particularly painful. I originally joined in 2009 I think ... well, I suppose I might be dismissed again as I have been using another name, but I have seldom if ever posted. Oh my I am out!  My goodness, remember back then. Bless Pete and all those who were so active.  It was such a strong support system ... and I see that still the support continues.  It is a rough time for those with immune-compromised systems. Holding everyone in the lght. Thanks for saying hello. Peace ~ Cynthia

I didn't realize you were

I didn't realize you were banned from the forum, and over Pete of all people. Probably one of our most controversal members. Bless him! 

I"m glad you got back on as Daisy.  Good for you! 

Between us, we have seen allot of folks on the fourm, and lost far too many. 

HUGS!

Sweet Tru - Thank you for that. I know allot of folks who would not think I was 'sweet'. HA! 

• Annabelle41415
    edited April 2020 #15
    Daisy13 said:

I wanted to say hello to each of you as well as Tru.  Years ago you gave me tremendous support through rough times. I wish you all the best.

Peace,

Devotion10 / Daisy13 / Cynthia :)

It's so good to see your post. Wishing you all the best and stop by more often.  Always good to hear from past posters.

Hugs!  Kim

• maglets
    wolfen said:

Love ya,

Wolfen

Hello sweerheart

How lovely to see you. Yes we all fought a long hard battle back then. Your dearest girl was a very very special soul...how I loved her. Glad to see you