WELCOME BACK CSN BOARD!!!

NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

Missed you.  This is the only thing I use ACS for really, the one time I called was not much help, and this is something important for people in terms of support. 

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited March 2020 #2
    Agreed

Agreed. I looked at other resources, but I have grown accustomed to this board and I find value in it.

• CancerFreeSunny
    CancerFreeSunny Member Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2020 #3
    Glad the forum is back! :)

Glad the forum is back! :)

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2020 #4
    Woo hoo!

Thank you, Tueffel for sending me a private message. I checked earlier today, but it was still down, and would not hav checked again today. 

This has become a whole new family for me, and I missed it terribly. 

So glad it is up and running, and very grateful for the powers that be, at CSN for taking care of buisiness. 

Tru

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2020 #5
    I've missed you guys!!!!

QUICK!!!! Fill me in on everything!!!   I got a haircut and a tattoo!  I got two carnations on my wrist, one in teal for my mom who passed from cervical cancer and one in blue for me.. LOL 54 years old and I got my first tattoo.... What was I thinking?

• Trubrit
    edited March 2020 #6
    Go you!

I've been planning a tattoo, and I'm 61.  It's never too late to honour ourselves and our loved ones - or whatever reason you choose a tat. 

Tru

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2020 #7
    AnneO1965 said:

I've missed you guys!!!!

QUICK!!!! Fill me in on everything!!!   I got a haircut and a tattoo!  I got two carnations on my wrist, one in teal for my mom who passed from cervical cancer and one in blue for me.. LOL 54 years old and I got my first tattoo.... What was I thinking?

Love it!!!!

Love it!!!!

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    AnneO1965 said:

I've missed you guys!!!!

Awesome Ink

Really nice tattoo.  

• zx10guy
    zx10guy Member Posts: 273 Member
    Good to see the board back.

Good to see the board back.

But I have to really question their handling of this outage.  It could have been handled so much better along with them using the announcement at the top of the forum page on the ACS web site instead of this generic message stating sorry the forum is down.

I don't know the level of staffing or how things are set up behind the scenes.  But if any of the systems I managed were down as long as this has been, I would be fired.  I know this is a free resource so some expectations have to be tempered.  But again, this should have been handled so much better.

And to clue anyone reading this as to why I'm being more harsh, I work in IT and have built out data centers for a living.

But as everyone has said, it's good at least the board is back.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Trying this again

I've been blocked from posting so I'm trying this again, and it had nothing to do with CSN, but my computer. I'm glad that they are up and running.  Hope this post works.

Kim

• th4rs
    th4rs Member Posts: 30 Member
    Yea

Missed not having this forum to read and to post on.

Take care ALL

Robin  

• th4rs
    th4rs Member Posts: 30 Member
    AnneO1965 said:

I've missed you guys!!!!

Yea

Pretty tatoo!! 

• AnneO1965
    th4rs said:

Yea

Pretty tatoo!! 

Thank you Robin! I've been

Thank you Robin! I've been wanting one since my mom passed (it's been 5 years) but wasn't sure what I wanted to memoralize her. Then when I find out I had cancer I decided to do the carnations. Carnations are my favorite flower, and my mom used to call me GillyFlower when I was younger. Oddly enough, that's what they called carnations back in the old old days. I promised myself I would get the tattoo when I was NED, and here I am... NED and tatted...  LOL  I love it. My youngest daughter got the same tattoo when I did. When I go visit my oldest daughter this summer, when this damn virus is over, she will get the same one also.

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited April 2020 #14
    TATS

When I was a young marine I often considered getting a tatoo.  I never did because i saw some of the horror stories my friends endured.  One had to cover his girl's name(she jilted him)with a crouching tiger!!

His whole forearm was black,  Considering I might want it removed someday,I decided the best solution was not to get one!!!

I'm glad those of you who have one enjoy them, just not for me.!!!

• Steelkiwi686
    Steelkiwi686 Member Posts: 73 Member
    AnneO1965 said:

Thank you Robin! I've been wanting one since my mom passed (it's been 5 years) but wasn't sure what I wanted to memoralize her. Then when I find out I had cancer I decided to do the carnations. Carnations are my favorite flower, and my mom used to call me GillyFlower when I was younger. Oddly enough, that's what they called carnations back in the old old days. I promised myself I would get the tattoo when I was NED, and here I am... NED and tatted...  LOL  I love it. My youngest daughter got the same tattoo when I did. When I go visit my oldest daughter this summer, when this damn virus is over, she will get the same one also.

NED and tatted up

NED and tatted up....What could be better?

Congratulations on both!

The fact that you can share the experience with your daughters is like a juicy cherry on top.

It's beautiful.

• Annabelle41415
    danker said:

TATS

When I was a young marine I often considered getting a tatoo.  I never did because i saw some of the horror stories my friends endured.  One had to cover his girl's name(she jilted him)with a crouching tiger!!

His whole forearm was black,  Considering I might want it removed someday,I decided the best solution was not to get one!!!

I'm glad those of you who have one enjoy them, just not for me.!!!

Tatoos

I've never gotten a tatoo until they marked me for radiation to my rectum.  They tatooed both my butt cheeks with a little tat.  That's as far, and as brave as I've gotten.

Kim

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member

Tatoos

I've never gotten a tatoo until they marked me for radiation to my rectum.  They tatooed both my butt cheeks with a little tat.  That's as far, and as brave as I've gotten.

Kim

Hi Kim,

I have exactly the same tatoo...first and last in my life Wink

• AnneO1965

Tatoos

Kim

LOL, I've got 3 of those

LOL, I've got 3 of those little beauties.  Although the 3rd one you cant see any more since my surgery. I figured I might as well get the one on my wrist done since I already have 3.. One daughter says they don't count, the other says they do...  Who cares?  LOL I got what I wanted and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I'm thinking I'm going to add a little orange butterfly in honor of my husband that passed from COPD. Then I'm done!

• Annabelle41415
    AnneO1965 said:

LOL, I've got 3 of those

LOL, I've got 3 of those little beauties.  Although the 3rd one you cant see any more since my surgery. I figured I might as well get the one on my wrist done since I already have 3.. One daughter says they don't count, the other says they do...  Who cares?  LOL I got what I wanted and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I'm thinking I'm going to add a little orange butterfly in honor of my husband that passed from COPD. Then I'm done!

Awww

Orange is my favorite color and love butterflies.  That would be a beautiful way to honor him and when you look at it it would remind you of him everytime.  People do tatoos for meaning, and it sounds like you have a wonderful tribute.

Kim

• DD3
    DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2020 #20
    AnneO1965 said:

I think

a tat is a great tribute.  My son had this tat done in tribute to his Mom during her treatment.  

• Trubrit
    edited June 2020 #21
    DD3 said:

I think

a tat is a great tribute.  My son had this tat done in tribute to his Mom during her treatment.  

Wow!

Bless your son's heart.  That is huge. 

Tru