Linitis Plastica T4N1M0

GavinB
GavinB Member Posts: 1
edited September 2023 in Stomach Cancer #1

I was diagnosed at 42 years of age with linitis plastica T4N1M0 August 2012 just over 1 year ago, and was given survival odds of 30%. When I was diagnosed I quickly researched all I could on the disease on the internet, not a good idea! I found a lot of the posts about the disease that were very negative and at the time I almost convinced myself that treatment was not going to be curative. But, I have completed 9 weeks of pre-operative ECX chemotherapy, then had a gastorectomy, splenectomy and 64 lymph nodes removed, then 9 weeks of EOX chemotherapy followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy. That all finished 4 months ago, I take penicillin 4 times a day for the splenectomy, eat small meals 6 times a day instead of 3 large, and get a B12 injection every 12 weeks. Apart from slight nausea and fatigue (probably a hangover from the radiotherapy), life is good, my surgeon thinks there is a good chance I have beaten this disease, and so do I. My advice if you get diagnosed with linitis plastica find a good surgeon and don’t give up you can beat this disease.

Comments

• cupicnicole
    cupicnicole Member Posts: 2 Member
    Checking in h

husband has this. Going to do surgery. How are you? 

• wendymike
    wendymike Member Posts: 3 *

My friend was just diagnosed with the same cancer

one Dr says remove the stomach the second opinion is chemo first

why should he do chemo before having stomach removed