drugs

Some oncologists are not doctors but chemodrugs traiders.

Comments

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    Fortunately I haven't had

Fortunately I haven't had that experience. I'm at a teaching hospital where they are more interested in finding a cure, but not at the expense of the patient's general well-being. With the intractability of the disease sometimes doctors may be desperate to do their job and help the patient, which means throwing medications at us. It's hard for us to know because we're also desperate. I'm with you; however, I don't like a lot of medications and I have talked about reducing the number of things I have to endure. But I get one symptom and the pros are like, "you need this medication to help with that, and this one to help with that."

For us cancer patients, what can we do? For other issues like Hypertension, it's on us to take good care of ourselves.

• gul1976
    gul1976 Member Posts: 42

Fortunately I haven't had

Fortunately I haven't had that experience. I'm at a teaching hospital where they are more interested in finding a cure, but not at the expense of the patient's general well-being. With the intractability of the disease sometimes doctors may be desperate to do their job and help the patient, which means throwing medications at us. It's hard for us to know because we're also desperate. I'm with you; however, I don't like a lot of medications and I have talked about reducing the number of things I have to endure. But I get one symptom and the pros are like, "you need this medication to help with that, and this one to help with that."

For us cancer patients, what can we do? For other issues like Hypertension, it's on us to take good care of ourselves.

when no any chemodrugs work

when no any chemodrugs work and they prescribe another one, we ask :will this drug help? answer :no.   question:Then why we need to take it, answer: because we dont want to leave you without medication.... And cost of that drug is enormous,  so they just behave like chemodrugs distributors.