Face flushing

daisybud
daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member

Hi everyone.  I have oncologist appt next week but gave been having bad face upper body flushing.

Honestly is worrisome. I think I remember having before my surgery.  Had hysterectomy in late 90's so not that. I'm 4 years out but insurance refuses ct scan This time.  Said not needed.  Anyone else get this with reoccurrence?  

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    Best wishes

The redness and flushing can be any number of things.  While I do know that it can be a symptom of recurrence, I honestly dont think you should go there with your thoughts.  I have not read of anyone experiencing that on the RCC threads.   I pray that it is a symptom of something else.  Niacin, for instance, does that.  Its great that you have an appt to get it checked out.  Its the best thing for you to do.  Write down the meds you take, plus over the counter stuff, health foods, vitamins, etc..  Having a diary of when it happens, how long it lasts etc might be useful.  

I believe your oncologist can appeal a denial.  

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    a_oaklee said:

Best wishes

The redness and flushing can be any number of things.  While I do know that it can be a symptom of recurrence, I honestly dont think you should go there with your thoughts.  I have not read of anyone experiencing that on the RCC threads.   I pray that it is a symptom of something else.  Niacin, for instance, does that.  Its great that you have an appt to get it checked out.  Its the best thing for you to do.  Write down the meds you take, plus over the counter stuff, health foods, vitamins, etc..  Having a diary of when it happens, how long it lasts etc might be useful.  

I believe your oncologist can appeal a denial.  

Thanks for the input.  He has

Thanks for the input.  He has tried to appeal and still denied  we will discuss at my appt this week. Again thank you for your reply.