edited January 2020 in Colorectal Cancer #1

After 2 years of abdominal pain, painful BM,

severe bloat, and some off/on bleeding finally got in

for endoscopy and colonoscopy. Dr removed and biopsied

25mm polyp in sigmoid colon but was unable to remove

a "large, lobulate, partial obstruction, friable mass found

in recto-sigmoid". Approx 6cm x 3.5cm. Took several

biopsies of larger and surrounding

mucous. Very nervous and concerned waiting for pathololgy.

Searching internet is not helpful. Dont even know where to

begin.

Comments

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Oh no!

I am so sorry that you find yourself here. Hopefully the biopsies come back okay! Dr Google is something you should probably avoid right now and frankly all together....Until you know for sure what it is you have to try to stay calm. More times than none growths are nothing and are completely begin....so go with that for now. Heaven forbid though it does come back unfavorable you found yourself a great group to help guide you and give you support! The people here are some of the finest you will find! Hang in there honey, and please come back and share the results. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! HUGS!!!! 

• wheresgrant
    wheresgrant Member Posts: 8
    I agree with Twinzma... DO

I agree with Twinzma... DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING. You will just crawl into a rabbit hole. Take a deep breath and wait for the pathology.  My mom had a large tumor removed last spring and was stage 1. She spent just 3 nights in the hospital. She's 75 and has had a great recovery.  With colon cancer size does not matter.My fingers are crossed that they can remove anything existing it's the least invasive way possible. Cool

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Hope for

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst," is a phrase that floats through here frequently.  Despite your best efforts, it is unlikely you can stop from imagining the possibility of the need for further treatment and/or surgery.  From my perspective, there is no harm in thinking through how this might affect your life and your plans--but recognize that we all approach issues differently and there are likely many who would disagree with me.  Best of luck in this matter.  

• jankl55
    jankl55 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2020 #5
    Thank you

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice.

Trying to be more patient as I wait for results and

next steps. This is nervewracking as I have just completed

treatment for breast cancer over the entire past year. 

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    I remember someone posted a

I remember someone posted a good joke on social media about the kinds of diagnosis you get from sites like WebMD, like the cause of a headache was "eye bees" or something. I dived into the Google rabbit hole many times knowing that it was not helpful. It's hard to resist I know. Hopefully your results will come back negative.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    jankl55 said:

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice.

Trying to be more patient as I wait for results and

next steps. This is nervewracking as I have just completed

treatment for breast cancer over the entire past year. 

Treatment

A year of treatment for breast cancer?  So, you have already been through the wringer.  I got good and drunk several nights waiting for results.  That is probably not the healthiest strategy, but we all have ways to cope.  And more seriously, I find that exercise helps with everything.  Maybe a good long hike or bike ride or swim could bring some calm. When will you get more concrete information?

• jankl55

Treatment

A year of treatment for breast cancer?  So, you have already been through the wringer.  I got good and drunk several nights waiting for results.  That is probably not the healthiest strategy, but we all have ways to cope.  And more seriously, I find that exercise helps with everything.  Maybe a good long hike or bike ride or swim could bring some calm. When will you get more concrete information?

Its been a long year and this

Its been a long year and this isnt how I

noped to start a new year. In total they took

6 biopsies and given its a holiday week I am

told it may be delayed to Monday. Its the 

waiting and unknown that is the worst part.

Went for a walk on the beach today and you

are right that did help. Thank you!

• jankl55
    Twinzma said:

Oh no!

I am so sorry that you find yourself here. Hopefully the biopsies come back okay! Dr Google is something you should probably avoid right now and frankly all together....Until you know for sure what it is you have to try to stay calm. More times than none growths are nothing and are completely begin....so go with that for now. Heaven forbid though it does come back unfavorable you found yourself a great group to help guide you and give you support! The people here are some of the finest you will find! Hang in there honey, and please come back and share the results. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! HUGS!!!! 

Thank you for the comforting

Thank you for the comforting words. Fingers

crossed for some news that is more positive

than negative in the near future!

• jankl55

I agree with Twinzma... DO

I agree with Twinzma... DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING. You will just crawl into a rabbit hole. Take a deep breath and wait for the pathology.  My mom had a large tumor removed last spring and was stage 1. She spent just 3 nights in the hospital. She's 75 and has had a great recovery.  With colon cancer size does not matter.My fingers are crossed that they can remove anything existing it's the least invasive way possible. Cool

So true! I just had to back

So true! I just had to back away from the laptop

for a while or I'd go crazy!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

Sorry that you have to be here, but you have found a group with very wonderful and knowledgeable people.  We can help you get through this, but don't jump ahead.  There always doesn't have to be bad news when they find a polyp or abnormality.  Wait for the path report and then see what that brings.  When is the report due back in?  Wishing you the best of luck.  Please don't look on the internet as some sites can be very old and can sometimes be very inaccurate.

Kim