Ibrance and Aromitase Inhibitor

Mercorby
Mercorby Member Posts: 95 Member

Hi there,

After two recurrences, I was put on Ibrance and an aromatase inhibitor.  I am in remission for now.  I've been on this regimen since December, 2017.  Is anyone else on this combo?  If so, for how long?

Thanks.

Comments

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    I know some have been on

I know some have been on letrozole (an AI), but I've never seen anyone on Ibrance. I hope it's working for you.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Ibrance

Since I've found the board-specific search function doesn't work that well, I did a broader site search for Ibrance and only found one post from 2018 on the uterine board (https://csn.cancer.org/node/316954) that mentioned Ibrance.

Namedropper discussed taking this, but it was treatment for her breast cancer – a cancer not related to her original uterine cancer. She has tended to post to the breast cancer board (which had a number of other posts on Ibrance) since that diagnosis, but hasn't been on either board since last April. But you can try sending her a private message through CSN to see if she can offer any further information about this regimen,

• Mercorby
    LisaPizza said:

I know some have been on

I know some have been on letrozole (an AI), but I've never seen anyone on Ibrance. I hope it's working for you.

Ibrance

Yes, it's working well for me.  I've been on it for 22 months. My doctor says he's had patients on if for 6 years.

• Mercorby
    cmb said:

Ibrance

Since I've found the board-specific search function doesn't work that well, I did a broader site search for Ibrance and only found one post from 2018 on the uterine board (https://csn.cancer.org/node/316954) that mentioned Ibrance.

Namedropper discussed taking this, but it was treatment for her breast cancer – a cancer not related to her original uterine cancer. She has tended to post to the breast cancer board (which had a number of other posts on Ibrance) since that diagnosis, but hasn't been on either board since last April. But you can try sending her a private message through CSN to see if she can offer any further information about this regimen,

It's mostly presscribed for

It's mostly presscribed for mbc breast cancer. Many of those ladies have active tumors when they start on it.  Using it for recurrent endometrial cancer is more recent.  It probably helps that I have ned.

• Mercorby

Hello,

Let me try this again. Is anyone on a cdk 4/6 inhibitor and an aromatase inhibitor? I am on Ibrance and anastazole for over 5 ½ years now and have been in remission the whole time after two recurrences. I am very confused as to why I haven't met other women with endometrial cancer who are on this regimen. My cancer is er+ pr+ and her2-. It is usually prescribed to metastatic breast cancer patients, so I hang out in those forums too. I would like to compare information on genetic mutations and compare treatment plans - present and past and possibly future.

Ibrance is 21 days on and 7 days off. What's happening with me now is that my blood counts are not recovering on the week off. So this probably means that I will have a dose reduction (again) in the near future. The longer you are on a medication like this, the more side effects or toxicity start happening. These medicines are relatively new, so there are no longitudinal studies that answer all the questions that come up - like how long you should stay on these medications altogether. And of course, the information learned from breast cancer research is not applied to endometrial/uterine cancer until years later, even though many mutations are the same.

So ... hello out there... let's connect!

• Momschooling
    Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member

You might check ovarian cancer groups? I have read about those using lbrance. I am on letrozole only for ovarian cancer highly ER/PR positive, I had uterine cancer but it was stage 1a so just the surgery was needed. So far, I am not thrilled about the side effects, wondering if it's worth it to stay on, but seeing you have been on that plus lbrance for so long makes me think I need to just stick with it. Hope you can find the answers you are looking for, best wishes!

• Mercorby

Thanks for responding! ❤️

I feel a little like an intruder, but I do check the Ovarian and MBC forums.