Update: Jan has passed

Comments

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member

Our beloved Jan has gone to sleep at 11am today. I'm going to miss her dearly. She has touched so many lives including mine. Rest in peace Jan. You will never be forgotten. Our earth has lost an amazing and a beautiful soul, heaven gains an angel.

I copied and pasted from her daughter's post: 

At 11 am today God took back possession of a beautiful spirit. A part of my soul has been taken with her. I will never be able to fill the void this leaves me with. But the world has lost an incredibly courageous, strong and unbelievably compassionate woman. She would put herself second for anyone she cared about. She brought hope to strangers and made friends with everyone she could. She also took no crap and said it how it is with no filter, people either loved or hated the honesty. I could talk to her about anything and everything, I trusted her more than anyone. Her smile warmed everyone's day and she was the most genuine of souls. She had an incredible passion for animals and had to pet every dog she ever saw. I enjoyed every minute I ever spent with her and that was every night and every day. I look forward to the day I see her again and I hope I can continue to make her proud until I do.

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member

Our beloved Jan has gone to sleep at 11am today. I'm going to miss her dearly. She has touched so many lives including mine. Rest in peace Jan. You will never be forgotten. Our earth has lost an amazing and a beautiful soul, heaven gains an angel.

I copied and pasted from her daughter's post: 

At 11 am today God took back possession of a beautiful spirit. A part of my soul has been taken with her. I will never be able to fill the void this leaves me with. But the world has lost an incredibly courageous, strong and unbelievably compassionate woman. She would put herself second for anyone she cared about. She brought hope to strangers and made friends with everyone she could. She also took no crap and said it how it is with no filter, people either loved or hated the honesty. I could talk to her about anything and everything, I trusted her more than anyone. Her smile warmed everyone's day and she was the most genuine of souls. She had an incredible passion for animals and had to pet every dog she ever saw. I enjoyed every minute I ever spent with her and that was every night and every day. I look forward to the day I see her again and I hope I can continue to make her proud until I do.

RIP and Thank you Jan. Love &

RIP and Thank you Jan. Love & Respect to her, her family & everyone here. Kia Kaha ~ Stay Strong.

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member

It is a story that touched me deeply. It is a clear example of how many people with stage 4 fighting the fight in many cases for years. There are very, very few people with stage 4 who are able to stay clean for years. For the vast majority it is a pathetic treatment process when they pass in relatively young age leaving young loved behind. Yes it is different if someone will go at the age 82. We lost too many great people on this side who were actively posting years ago. I feel for her daughter and her husband. It is like you are fighting knowing that toward the end it would be even more ugly. There are quite a few stories and I knew someone personally that despite all those pain meds they can t take the pain under control. Very sad.......

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sad

This is a sad day in CSN.  She was a wonderful, giving and thoughtful person who went through so much but kept up the spirits of many.  May her spirit now be soaring with the angels in Heaven. 

Kim

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    A Day Filled With Sadness

I'm so sorry to hear this devastating news. I will picture her riding through the clouds alongside my Johnnybegood.

Peace to her family.

Karen

• betula
    betula Member Posts: 86
    shocked

I am so shocked and sadden.  She was always so kind to everyone despite all that she had been through and was going through.  The picture of her at the Grand Canyon is just beautiful...she has a peaceful, confident, knowing look about her and I feel these things were always reflected in her posts too.  I hope her family can find some peace and comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering or in pain.  My heart goes out to them.

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    I HATE this disease...

I am so sad to hear this news, but I'm hopeful she passed easy.  I was diagnosed Stage 3, which is just a hop, skip and a jump from 4. I've been hopeful that my first scan would be clear, but now I'm concerned that it won't matter.

My heart goes out to Jan's family, may God wrap them in His love and grace.  Dance Jan.. Ride free... Be at peace...

• Tunadog
    Tunadog Member Posts: 235 Member
    RIP

Love you Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Jan - gone

Jan's daughter gave me permision to post this pictrue, taken at the Grand Canyon in April.  

I am so glad that she had this opportunity to go. 

Jan got the peaceful passing that she deserved.  

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Hard

It is indeed hard to have this dread disease claim another lovely person.  May she rest in God's arms!!

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Such a beautiful, spirited

Such a beautiful, spirited person. I am truly devastated. She was so active on this board. While I may not have commented every time, I always read her posts and comments with enthusiasm. she was always a kind voice for those of us who needed it. I will miss her immensely.

• nuc
    nuc Member Posts: 44 Member
    I am so sorry to hear this

I am so sorry to hear this news.........

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    So very sad

Jan your beautiful light and kind spirit will be missed greatly--truly heartbroken for your family and beloved pets. 

• Trubrit
    Facebook

I posted a message on Jan's FB page, to let folks know how devestated we all are, as she moves on from this world.  

I can't quite wrap my head around it yet.  

She will always be a part of our forum, as we see her posts pop up and are touched by her once again.

Tru 

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Thought about her all

Thought about her all yesterday, also Cindy's birthday, and 12 years since diagnosis for me. I thought about how Cindy quietly slipped away and hoped it would be as peaceful for Jan. Seems strange how Sep. 25th  was a reason for raucous celebration even 13 years back, then became a melancholy noting of the passage of time, and one more year's survival, in my case. Now it will be also a time to remember the life and loss of a lady who touched me from 2000 miles away. Peace and good memories to her family and friends, here and elsewhere........................................................Dave

• lhduffer
    lhduffer Member Posts: 90 Member
    So very sad

This is such sad news. My deepest sympathy to her family.  She was such a beautiful person, inside and out.  Despite all she was going through she was always there to give encouragement to others and to cheer their positive milestones.  She will be deeply missed by all of us here.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Condolences

My condolences to JanJan's family and her friends here on the forum.  Such a sad passing. Maybe its thinking of Jan, but an old Harry Chapin song, Circle, has been running through my mind lately.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Trubrit said:

Jan - gone

Jan's daughter gave me permision to post this pictrue, taken at the Grand Canyon in April.  

I am so glad that she had this opportunity to go. 

Jan got the peaceful passing that she deserved.  

She looks so d*mn young......

She looks so d*mn young...........................Dave

• Trubrit
    edited September 2019 #40

She looks so d*mn young......

She looks so d*mn young...........................Dave

Too young

Yes, too young to be leaving it all behind. 

Tru

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member

I too wondered why she had not been posting and dreaded hearing the reason as many others.  She fought a brave battle like so many others who have gone before her. 

It's very sad to hear about her death.  I am glad her daughter shared that she had peace at the end of her life.  We all reach the end of our lives at some point, some sooner than others, and the best we can hope for is to die with peace and dignity, with our loved ones by our side.