Drinking

Butt
Butt Member Posts: 352 Member

Today I accidently discovered  4 doctoral students driniking on premises. Their explanation? We can t handle it anymore.  

Comments

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    blotting out your time here on earth

I will never understand why so many people (that are not in extreme physical pain) want to just spend their precious time on earth in a stupor from drinking or from narcotics. 

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

I will never understand why so many people (that are not in extreme physical pain) want to just spend their precious time on earth in a stupor from drinking or from narcotics. 

Having a drink has enhanced

Having a drink has enhanced many moments I had with my late wife and others. The idea that it puts you in a stupor, unless you're abusing it hard, is absurd. I've had a number of times in my life that felt far less than "precious", so my attitude towards what others choose to do is mainly, "to each his own".  AS for Butt, I'm sure she would have liked to tell them thet don't know what real pressure and anxiety are all about. When we get diagnosed, an awful lot of life's problems shrunk down to size...............................................................Dave

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Drinking

I have had some of the best times of my life while drinking.  I am enjoying a beer right now.  I think we may have become a bit Puritan in these matters.  I never drink and drive.  I did not drink and work.  But this is my choice, and so far it has worked pretty well for me.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

Having a drink has enhanced many moments I had with my late wife and others. The idea that it puts you in a stupor, unless you're abusing it hard, is absurd. I've had a number of times in my life that felt far less than "precious", so my attitude towards what others choose to do is mainly, "to each his own".  AS for Butt, I'm sure she would have liked to tell them thet don't know what real pressure and anxiety are all about. When we get diagnosed, an awful lot of life's problems shrunk down to size...............................................................Dave

I am from Louisiana. I was

I am from Louisiana. I was worried my liver couldn't handle surgery considering how I drank in my teens and twenties. Apparently though my liver was just fine, well except for the 3 huge lesions. Now I have a mostly new one.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

AZ

I think AZ is talking about the high amount of young folks who drink to excess, as opposed to those who drink socially and in moderation. 

I have also seen young people who are at blackout stage, and too many (in my job) who are whacked out on drugs. 

We all know there are extremes, but for those of us who enjoy a drink to loosen up our souls, it can be a happy pastime. 

Tru

• myAZmountain
    Trubrit said:

AZ

I think AZ is talking about the high amount of young folks who drink to excess, as opposed to those who drink socially and in moderation. 

I have also seen young people who are at blackout stage, and too many (in my job) who are whacked out on drugs. 

We all know there are extremes, but for those of us who enjoy a drink to loosen up our souls, it can be a happy pastime. 

Tru

thanks Tru

Certainly not a teetotaler by any means-am a big fan of beer myself. Just see many in my rural area abusing drugs and alcohol and am mystified by it when am fighting so hard to live. Jeez.

• myAZmountain

Not what I meant at all.

Not implying that a few beers or drinks put you in a stupor.