Diagnosed with Breast cancer and I’m absolutely terrified

2»

Comments

• meadowglade
    meadowglade Member Posts: 39 Member
    joyced said:

breast cancer

I received my diagnosis, I have triple neg breast cancer. They say it not in my lymph nodes but that is of no comfort it is still breast cancer. So far i have had a mri, going for a bone denisity scan and going to get my port put in on 7/24/19. And chemo start 7/25/19 scard but hanging in. All new to me but overall i think i am holding up good. I know with God and family i am going to be cancer free soon.  Praying for everyone that going threw this. Its a hard road but i know i am strong enough to handle just walk with faith and know he make no mistakes. 

God bless all Prays and hugs 

I had Triple Negative Breast Cancer

I had surgery in April to have it removed after having chemo. We knew that I had 2 lymph nodes affected, and they found one more that just started showing signs of it. The surgen removed 11 lymph nodes total. I just finished up 33 treatments of radiation. They did radiation on breast, under my arm, and my clavical area where there are lymph nodes just to be extra sure. Mine was staged 2b after surgery and they got it all. I will start a chemo pill called capecitabine on the 28th for further preventive treatment. It works with the immune system because hormonal treatment doesn't work for us. It has had great results, and it has been in just the last two years that they have further treatment for us after radiation. I will also go into a trial for the drug pembrolizumab that is also showing good results. I wish you all the best! If you have any questions please feel free to meassage me. I will have you on my heart and in my prayers! We are all sisters in this.

Linda

• skile
    skile Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019 #23
    Hi, I know EXACTLY how you

Hi, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! I am 41 years old and just found out on July 19 just a short few days ago that i have Invasvie Ductal Breast Cancer in my right breast and right lymph node under arm as well! I remember feeling so numb and my body went hot and felt like i was having a panic attack! all i could think about and continue to think about is my 4 boys and my boyfriend of 4 years!! and it all terrifies me! Whats been getting me through is researching all the treatments there are out there, and reading GOD words, scriptures and worshiping him, listening to all the uplifiting worship songs that sing about lifes struggles, and battles, and that pushes me through and has been building my strength and making my faith so much stronger!! I have not even gone to my Oncologist yet, they have me scheduled for Aug 2 and it feesl like eternity, i feel like iam wasting time, but again i turn back to HIM, and tell myself to stop thinking about the negative and focus on the positive! Speak only good! believe only good! surround yourself with other that believe in only good and speak only positivity upon you!! We will all win the battle and some day down the road will be posting right here how we SURVIVED!!!! You got this.... WE got this!!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 1,010 Member
    skile said:

Hi, I know EXACTLY how you

Hi, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! I am 41 years old and just found out on July 19 just a short few days ago that i have Invasvie Ductal Breast Cancer in my right breast and right lymph node under arm as well! I remember feeling so numb and my body went hot and felt like i was having a panic attack! all i could think about and continue to think about is my 4 boys and my boyfriend of 4 years!! and it all terrifies me! Whats been getting me through is researching all the treatments there are out there, and reading GOD words, scriptures and worshiping him, listening to all the uplifiting worship songs that sing about lifes struggles, and battles, and that pushes me through and has been building my strength and making my faith so much stronger!! I have not even gone to my Oncologist yet, they have me scheduled for Aug 2 and it feesl like eternity, i feel like iam wasting time, but again i turn back to HIM, and tell myself to stop thinking about the negative and focus on the positive! Speak only good! believe only good! surround yourself with other that believe in only good and speak only positivity upon you!! We will all win the battle and some day down the road will be posting right here how we SURVIVED!!!! You got this.... WE got this!!

Post traumatic stress disorder

I am an RN and after my cancer diagnosis I realized I was having symptoms of Post traumatic stress disorder.  I found a good article on the Mayo Clinic website.  And at the bottom of the articel it says one of the causes is a life threatening medical diagnosis.  It is real.  It helps to udnerstand what you are feeling.  And has some suggestions for dealing with it.  It will really help to talk to other woemn here who have experienced your same emotions.  I also found it very difficult to talk to other people about my diangosis.  It was hard to deal with their emotions and questions, when I was trying to deal with my own.  I hope this helps.  You can do this.