Cheese Update

derMaus
derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member

I heard from Cheese today and it's not good. Her run of bad luck just goes on and on...   

She finally got out of the hospital and headed off to the Maryland shore, where she last posted. Unbelievably, when they took the stent out (that damn stent!) she got sepsis, resulting in a 2-hour ambulance ride and an emergency nephrostomy. She's in ICU but improving and told me I can share this with the forum. I'm praying she FINALLY gets a break and this whole thing settles down for good. Sheesh !!

Comments

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    The hits keep coming!

What a shame.  That poor woman.  Fortunately, she seems the type of person with indominatable spirit, which comes in handy at times like this.  I'm sure she and her loved ones are keeping a close tab on treating the sepsis.  A reminder to all in a delicate condition that it is necessary to be hyper-vigilant to sterile procedures in and out of the hospital.  

Cheese, hang in there.  I'm so glad you got to enjoy the beach for awhile.  Be well.  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    OH Gosh! Thanks for posting

OH Gosh! Thanks for posting and letting us know. What an ordeal for Cheese.

I hope she can get beyond this quickly and catch a break for a change.

Love and Hugs to both of you!

Cindi

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited July 2019 #4
    Oh my. Cheese needs a good

Oh my. Cheese needs a good break from all this

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    And it never seems to stop…

Just when things seemed to be looking up and now this terrible setback. I hope the doctors get the sepsis until control soon and the nephrostomy doesn't have to be a permanent addition.

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited July 2019 #6
    Wishes for better times

I was so happy when she posted she was at the shore and felt she needed that time. So very sorry she had another downturn. Thanks for posting and hope she is feeling the love and support from all of us. 

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Oh no!

Thanks for posting.   Please tell Cheeese we are thinking of her.   Sending her healing thoughts and prayers 

Hugs!

Kathy

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    What an ordeal. Thanks for

What an ordeal. Thanks for letting us know, derMaus. Cheese, please know that we are thinking of you. Hope all of these are behind you. 

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Aww...C'mon now!

Really???  What's been happening to her has just been sureal.  She's gotta be so mad! I know I would be!

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    Oh no!!

Thanks for letting us know about CQ. Gosh I am sending prayers her way right now. Please let her know she is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

• mamlicsw
    mamlicsw Member Posts: 33 Member
    CQ update

Really sorry to hear about this scary, unfortunate turn of events.  Thinking of you and hoping for a quick turn in the  opposite direction.  We're all pulling for you.  Warm, best wishes always.  Mary Ann

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Oh no Cheese!im so sorry to

Oh no Cheese!im so sorry to hear this:( Prayers for a quick and permanent recovery!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    CQ - I don't know what to say

CQ - I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said by all the ladies here.  I can't believe it and yet I know it is very real.  Praying it gets resolved once and for all.  Hugs my friend.

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    What they've all said

Well wishes to you CQ!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    edited July 2019 #15
    Terrible news!

Thanks for keeping us informed and please tell Cheese Q that we are all in her corner praying for a quick recovery.

Wishing you all the best,

Cathy 

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Oh, Cheese

REally sorry this has been such an ordeal.  My heart is with you!  Thanks, Bobbi, for keeping us in the loop!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    Hoping things have improved dramatically this week

I'm very sorry that Cheese had yet another medical setback.  I hope that her condition has significantly improved this week and that Cheese is back home by now.  Sending healing thoughts and prayers!!

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member

Hello friends!  I was released from the hospital last Saturday. Sure was a scary experience. When you see your kids show up you know it’s bad. I’ll spare you all the adventures including a 2 hour ambulance ride but suffice it to say sepsis lives up to its name. Thank you all for your concern and thanks Bobbi for keeping you informed when I was too sick. I’m left with a nephrostomy and an uncertain future as far as the kidney situation (BTW, I almost ended up in dialysis). I haven’t had a chance to talk to my urologist yet but I’m not inclined to have any additional surgery. So this pee bag may be permanent. Again thanks for your concern. It means so much. 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Cheese, so happy to hear from

Cheese, so happy to hear from you and so dang sorry for all of this crap! I hope your health continues to improve and you get some normalcy bacy in your life!

I know you know that we are all here for you! Take care of yourself.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    Welcome back!

Just so glad to see this today as you have been in my thoughts. Nobody knows what these times are like except those who have been there. I so hope things settle down and you get some good news. Your strength is amazing. Best of everything to a gal who deserves it.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited July 2019 #21
    So glad to see your smiling face!

Your are an inspiration to all of us and we are so happy to hear from you. 

Denise