A Happy thread

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Please share your happy days. Your happy pictures. You happy thoughts. Your joy.

Happiness is sometimes elusive when you are going through treatment, and especially when you are newly diagnosed.  A happy thread is here, to show there is joy and hope for those neck deep in treatment, when things look dark and dreary, and all you want is to 'be me again'.  And for those of us who are 'doing well', regardless of what that might mean to each of us. 

Post away. 

Tru

Comments

• Trubrit
    I'll start off

Let me introduce you to Tru - Surviving Stage IV - Happy to be out in the wilds, surrounded by beauty. 

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Good idea! I tried doing

Good idea! I tried doing something like this on my Facebook page but had few people do it. I'm having trouble with fatigue these days, apparently my mganesium still doesn't want to get back to normal. Despite this I do have some good things going on.

I'm signed up for a painting class at the place that offers classes for cancer patients. It's this Saturday.

We went to a friend's place for a birthday BBQ and I managed to last the whole time.

I finally found something that is helping my horse with his chronic diarrhea (from having Cushing's disease) and he loves the stuff. It's a probiotic. And I have no idea how this is now in italic, I must have hit the wrong key.

I'm able to eat salads again if I'm really careful and haven't had a partial blockage in a long time. Knock on wood.

I redid our hardwood floor by myself and it looks great.

Lots of little things that I'm grateful for every day and thankful for the small blessings.

I'm not on chemo right now!!!!

Jan

• Trubrit
    JanJan63 said:

Good idea! I tried doing

Good idea! I tried doing something like this on my Facebook page but had few people do it. I'm having trouble with fatigue these days, apparently my mganesium still doesn't want to get back to normal. Despite this I do have some good things going on.

I'm signed up for a painting class at the place that offers classes for cancer patients. It's this Saturday.

We went to a friend's place for a birthday BBQ and I managed to last the whole time.

I finally found something that is helping my horse with his chronic diarrhea (from having Cushing's disease) and he loves the stuff. It's a probiotic. And I have no idea how this is now in italic, I must have hit the wrong key.

I'm able to eat salads again if I'm really careful and haven't had a partial blockage in a long time. Knock on wood.

I redid our hardwood floor by myself and it looks great.

Lots of little things that I'm grateful for every day and thankful for the small blessings.

I'm not on chemo right now!!!!

Jan

Good job

And you will take a picture of your first painting, and post it here, so we can celebrate it; right?!!!

Run with those good things, Jan. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Trubrit said:

Good job

And you will take a picture of your first painting, and post it here, so we can celebrate it; right?!!!

Run with those good things, Jan. 

Tru

Pictures

I'll try. My phone will not sych with my PC anymore so it's a big hassle teo get pictures. 

Thanks Sue!

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Trubrit said:

I'll start off

Let me introduce you to Tru - Surviving Stage IV - Happy to be out in the wilds, surrounded by beauty. 

Mountains

Are those Aspen trees?  It must be a great place in the Fall.

Thanks for this post!

Life is good for me right now and I plan to be hiking again at Grand Canyon on the longest day of the year.

• Trubrit
    edited June 2019 #7
    Yes, Aspens

It won't let me post the one picture that shows the stunning colours, so this will have to do. 

• Sestra17
    Sestra17 Member Posts: 68 Member
    Trubrit said:

I'll start off

What a gorgous place, thanks

What a gorgous place, thanks for sharing!

• Sestra17
    Sestra17 Member Posts: 68 Member
    Seeing the Oncology surgeon

Seeing the Oncology surgeon on Friday, may need more surgery. But in the meantime, my little Victory Garden is growing like a weed LOL. And I am so grateful to have been a part of my nieces' graduation. And am very blessed to have found an equestrian farm that not only supports me in my riding goals, but also understands that sometimes I just like to hang out and play with the horses.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Dad, Brother, Myself

Image may contain: 3 people, including Kim Klinkner Haase and Richard Klinkner, people smiling, people standing

Sorry can't figure out how to resize this but this is my brother, Dad and myself at my dad's 85th birthday this past weekend.  We had a great party and although he lives about 2 1/2 hours away from me, I'll try to visit him at least every 5-6 weeks.  My younger brother passed 4 years ago from cancer.

Kim

• Trubrit
    Sestra17 said:

Seeing the Oncology surgeon

Seeing the Oncology surgeon on Friday, may need more surgery. But in the meantime, my little Victory Garden is growing like a weed LOL. And I am so grateful to have been a part of my nieces' graduation. And am very blessed to have found an equestrian farm that not only supports me in my riding goals, but also understands that sometimes I just like to hang out and play with the horses.

This is wonderful news

And I'm sure we would all love to see a picci of you riding. 

What a joy, to have your garden growing, and being out there, in the fresh air. I swear, its half the battle. The other half will be the surgery.. Good luck on Friday at your appointment. I hope things move along fast, and you can put this all behind you. 

Tru

• Trubrit

Dad, Brother, Myself

Image may contain: 3 people, including Kim Klinkner Haase and Richard Klinkner, people smiling, people standing

Sorry can't figure out how to resize this but this is my brother, Dad and myself at my dad's 85th birthday this past weekend.  We had a great party and although he lives about 2 1/2 hours away from me, I'll try to visit him at least every 5-6 weeks.  My younger brother passed 4 years ago from cancer.

Kim

I can't resize pictures either, Kim.  

I swear, you have the prettiest dresses I've ever seen a lady wear, and I've seen several of your avatar pictures across the years, each with a beautiful dress. 

What an absolutely FANTASTIC picture!  May I grab it and add it to my CSN photo file, please.  I've got mostly little pictures, from avatars (and true, I did nick Sandia's without permission), from across the years. 

I am sorry about your younger brother didn't survive his Cancer.  

Tru

• Trubrit

Mountains

Are those Aspen trees?  It must be a great place in the Fall.

Thanks for this post!

Life is good for me right now and I plan to be hiking again at Grand Canyon on the longest day of the year.

OK Sandia - you look like someone who knows what they are doing.  I am trying to download some of my pictures (I have a super one of the Aspens in Autumn) but they are too big. I even tried to take a picture of a picture, thinking that might work, but it didn't.  Is there an easy way to resize, or do I have to open an account on a photo web page or something? 

Tru

• Trubrit
    I chopped it down

No, not the tree, the picture.  So, I cropped the picture and I guess that made it 'fit'. But what if I don't want to crop the picture? 

Anyhow, this is the one shot of the Aspens, that I have been working on since last night. 

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Trubrit said:

OK Sandia - you look like someone who knows what they are doing.  I am trying to download some of my pictures (I have a super one of the Aspens in Autumn) but they are too big. I even tried to take a picture of a picture, thinking that might work, but it didn't.  Is there an easy way to resize, or do I have to open an account on a photo web page or something? 

Tru

I use a photo program (Corel Paintshop Pro--probably about $20 on sale, free trial available) and simply pull up the photo in the edit function and resize.  I am confident that the photo edit program on your computer or phone has the same option.  Perhaps just double-click the photo you want to work with and then look at the options on the pulldown menus.  I have found that 3x5 works well for uploads to CSN.  Just save the resized photo and upload it to CSN as you are doing now.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member

Dad, Brother, Myself

Kim

Very beautiful picture of you

Very beautiful picture of you and your family;I would never know you are ill,you really look great! All the best,Kim,

Suzy

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 2019 #17

Dad, Brother, Myself

Kim

Gorgeous!

YOu look radiant my dearest Kim! Wonderful to still have you Dad--and handsome brother too! Sorry for the loss of your other brother..lost my only brother to Alzheimers 2 years ago.

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Trubrit said:

I chopped it down

No, not the tree, the picture.  So, I cropped the picture and I guess that made it 'fit'. But what if I don't want to crop the picture? 

Anyhow, this is the one shot of the Aspens, that I have been working on since last night. 

Wonderful pic!

Did not know they had Aspens like that in Nevada lol! Reminds me of living in Colorado Rockies for a few years. Love the spirit of this thread!

• Annabelle41415

Gorgeous!

YOu look radiant my dearest Kim! Wonderful to still have you Dad--and handsome brother too! Sorry for the loss of your other brother..lost my only brother to Alzheimers 2 years ago.

Sorry

Sorry about your brother.  It's always sad to lose a parent or sibling.  My mother died of cancer at 56 and my brother was 52.  I'll be 61 on Friday and have outlived them both.  Bet it just seems like yesterday about your brother too - it's just so sad how a disease can take so many loved ones away.  Thanks for the nice compliment.

Kim

• Annabelle41415
    Trubrit said:

I can't resize pictures either, Kim.  

I swear, you have the prettiest dresses I've ever seen a lady wear, and I've seen several of your avatar pictures across the years, each with a beautiful dress. 

What an absolutely FANTASTIC picture!  May I grab it and add it to my CSN photo file, please.  I've got mostly little pictures, from avatars (and true, I did nick Sandia's without permission), from across the years. 

I am sorry about your younger brother didn't survive his Cancer.  

Tru

Awww thank you

Tru, thank you so much for the nice compliment and yes, you can use my picture.  You are one up on me as I'm not even able to do that.  I'm so bad at trying to change my avatar and sometimes get frustrated trying to change it, I'll just leave it. 

I'm a dress wearer and just love them.  During the summer that's all I'll wear.  Although I'm not out much on long extended hours during the day, especially if I'm having bathroom issues, I'll still dress up at home.  Just call me June Cleaver because yes, I'll be home in a dress dusting and vacuuming.

Thanks for your sympathies about my brother too, sad thing is my mother died of cancer at 56 and my brother was only 52.  Just really sad.

Hugs!  Kim

• Annabelle41415

Very beautiful picture of you

Very beautiful picture of you and your family;I would never know you are ill,you really look great! All the best,Kim,

Suzy

Thanks

Thank you for the nice compliment.  Wishing you well.

Kim