So we get to add a new Dr to our giant list

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

because the moron I am married to ( said with love and a little annoyance) did a dumb thing. We have to go to the wound center. Luckily I know everyone there and they are amazing because my Dad was there almost every day for years. One of the nurses came to his room and stayed with my mom when he died, she loved him so much. So I am off topic, sorry.

so his liver resection is an L shaped incision, the top part took months and tons of trips to MSK to heal, but when it did it was with all these hard white areas. It was annoying him so the moron cut them. Apparently when it did not do anything bad he decided to cut into them more and opened it up and since February it’s been leaking. The ER said it was fine but I am over it so off we go to another new dr. 

He makes me crazy lol

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Well I wouldn't call him a Moron, but.....

What was he thinking?!!!!!

While the stress piles on for you. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I had to reread what you'd

I had to reread what you'd said to understand that your husband was the one that cut them out more. Oh my goodness! I could see mine doing the same thing, though.

I have a friend that had surgery for a hernia and she never healed properly. They had to go back in and put a mesh in or something like that to make it stop leaking.I hope that won't be required.

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

I'm sorry but this is only something a guy would do.  Can't believe he would do that but then, my husband pulled IV's out of his arm when he was in the hospital.  Geez, hope your hubby gets better.

Kim

• db8ne1
    db8ne1 Member Posts: 142 Member
    LOL. I'm that person!

When I had my port removed, they left a stitch in.  It was protruding from the wound and not healing properly - (probably because I kept "picking" at it...).  On a visit to my doc, I was told by the nurse and the doc that they couldn't remove it and I'd have to return to a surgeon (port removal done in hospital by who knows what doc?).  I told them that I would do it myself and they both vehemently objected and told me to see the surgeon.  Well, I went home and immediately proceeded to dig it out, put on Neosporin, and it finally healed properly.  I don't have the patience for medical staff that wont help.  That said, I DID ASK first...and probably wouldn't have fooled with a hard to heal, deep body incision myself though.  But, again, never been in quite that situation.  Hoping for quick healing!

• Ruthmomto4
    Ok so I can’t call him names

it’s sort his fault and not. If he had left it alone it might have still eventually done this. It’s actually the mesh from his abdominal surgery repair coming through. So he is having surgery on the 19th to remove it. more surgery yuck, but at least it’s simple and not cancer!

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    Right

Bugs would call him an Ultra Maroon

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

it’s sort his fault and not. If he had left it alone it might have still eventually done this. It’s actually the mesh from his abdominal surgery repair coming through. So he is having surgery on the 19th to remove it. more surgery yuck, but at least it’s simple and not cancer!

Great

Good, both you and him can handle a simple removal of mesh.  This should be easy peasy after all he's been through.  Still wishing him luck.

Kim

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Oh brother!

That is exactly something my hubby would do and I would have called him a moron too. In fact I probably would have also added some colorful and offensive words too! Well at least you know that he is in good hands with the wound center. So sorry that you have to add another doctor to the list though! 

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

Now I finally get it. With my

Now I finally get it. With my giant "L" I still couldn't figure the "white things" he was cutting. I was worried the mesh on me would rip or poke through, or fail somehow, so I really babied that surgery. Before I've always been a bit of a moron by pushing the time frames and my luck after surgeries, with dressings and drains. Well I'm glad it wasn't all on him and the fix is set, and I'm glad mine healed without pokies, because that sounds annoying as h+ll. Hang in there, both of you..........................................Dave

• Ruthmomto4
    edited June 2019 #11

Now I finally get it. With my

Now I finally get it. With my giant "L" I still couldn't figure the "white things" he was cutting. I was worried the mesh on me would rip or poke through, or fail somehow, so I really babied that surgery. Before I've always been a bit of a moron by pushing the time frames and my luck after surgeries, with dressings and drains. Well I'm glad it wasn't all on him and the fix is set, and I'm glad mine healed without pokies, because that sounds annoying as h+ll. Hang in there, both of you..........................................Dave

Except

His surgeon never said it was the mesh poking through. Had he removed it none this would be happening. It’s infected, but the wound dr said once it’s out he will heal right up.