CEA is up again, so frustrated

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I just got a call from my doctor's office. They have all the results now from my last bloood test. My creatine is up which means my kidneys are getting worse, as I mentioned previously, my magnesium is low again, and my CEA has gone back up tp 55. It was 5.6 in March when I stopped chemo. I feel so defeated. It's so frustrating. I just wanted a good summer, I haven't had one for a few years, I've been too sick. Goddam cancer, just f**k off. 

Sorry, just had to unload here where people understand. I'm SO fed up with it. No veggire garden for me again this year. I won't be able to look after one again. Dammit, dammit, dammit. I feel so done with all of this crap.

Jan

Comments

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Kidney function

is so variable, my husband looked like he was headed for kidney failure in March his EGFR dropped to 48 and his BUN and creatinine were awful, the last draw everything was back to normal. It also caused his CA19:9 tumor market to go up, that’s normal too. I hate these numbers we are so driven by them and I hate it! I am hoping it’s just a fluke and you will get that summer you wanted!!! I say if you feel good just go with it!!!! screw those numbers!! Xoxo

• JanJan63

Kidney function

is so variable, my husband looked like he was headed for kidney failure in March his EGFR dropped to 48 and his BUN and creatinine were awful, the last draw everything was back to normal. It also caused his CA19:9 tumor market to go up, that’s normal too. I hate these numbers we are so driven by them and I hate it! I am hoping it’s just a fluke and you will get that summer you wanted!!! I say if you feel good just go with it!!!! screw those numbers!! Xoxo

Thank you, I'm doing some

Thank you, I'm doing some ugly crying right now. My kidney issue is from adhesions (internal scarring) from the surgeries. They're wrapped around two tubes that lead from my kidneys, I can't remember what they're called, and they slow the flow down and congest my kidneys. Just another lovely little sideline of cancer. 

Jan

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2019 #4
    JanJan63 said:

Thank you, I'm doing some

Thank you, I'm doing some ugly crying right now. My kidney issue is from adhesions (internal scarring) from the surgeries. They're wrapped around two tubes that lead from my kidneys, I can't remember what they're called, and they slow the flow down and congest my kidneys. Just another lovely little sideline of cancer. 

Jan

So sorry,

Jan,I am so sorry that you got such bad news. You know what?Some crying is good,too...you get it out of your system...and after you wipe your eyes, you will see all the beauty around you...flowers,birds,and your beloved horse! Smile

Head up and take care of yourself,life is good,

Suzy

• Msboop15
    Msboop15 Member Posts: 83 Member
    I can hear your tears

I am so sorry to hear your news...I know you are frustrated...I would be, too. I HATE what this disease puts us through. 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Damn it, Jan!

I hate to hear this.  The gut punch this news brings, hurts. 

I hope it is just a bump, caused by stress or something. 

Tru

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    This stinks.

So sorry Jan. This makes me hate cancer so much. Praying its a blip. Hugs and strength to you!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited May 2019 #8
    Awwww

I'm so sorry to hear this and yes it has be very defeating.  I'm praying for you.

Kim

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Oh Jan I am so Sorry!

You can yell scream punch cry and do whatever you need to do. It's sucks! I have no doubt in my mind though that this WILL be your good summer. Hopefully it is just a little fluke. Remember Jim's CEA rose drastically when he cut his finger fishing, it scared the crap out of us! Now the idiots are using 2 different labs and it's a nightmare. Oh it's up, oh it's down ummmmm which lab did they use this time, we don't even keep track of that stupid effing number anymore! Hang in there Love, you got this I know you do! And honey you are so right cancer can just go F**K off!  Hugs and prayers!!! 

• JanJan63
    edited May 2019 #10
    Thank you to all of you. This

Thank you to all of you. This forum so so wonderful this way, among other ways. My friends and family are all being very supportive but they can't imagine what it's like. Not really. One of my closest friends told me she sometimes tries to imagine what it's like for me but says she has to stop because it hurts too much.

I'm better today. This is how it usually goes. Day one after bad news, I'm a wreck. Crying, angry, the whole gamut. Then day two I'm like to hell with this, cancer will NOT win. So today I'm at that point again. I WILL enjoy myself and I WILL have a good summer an that's that. I've seen plenty of people on here with extremely high CEA numbers that have dropped drmatically once they're in treatment. Mine will do so again. Onward and upward.

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thank you to all of you. This

Thank you to all of you. This forum so so wonderful this way, among other ways. My friends and family are all being very supportive but they can't imagine what it's like. Not really. One of my closest friends told me she sometimes tries to imagine what it's like for me but says she has to stop because it hurts too much.

I'm better today. This is how it usually goes. Day one after bad news, I'm a wreck. Crying, angry, the whole gamut. Then day two I'm like to hell with this, cancer will NOT win. So today I'm at that point again. I WILL enjoy myself and I WILL have a good summer an that's that. I've seen plenty of people on here with extremely high CEA numbers that have dropped drmatically once they're in treatment. Mine will do so again. Onward and upward.

Jan

Attitude

You have such a wonderful attitude and I'm glad that you are back on to just wanting to enjoy this summer.  You continue to love your horse and beautiful surroundings.

Kim

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Thinking of you. Hope your

Thinking of you. Hope your feeling even better tomorrow. It’s a rough road at times.