In Hopes It May Help Someone Else During Chemo

mojogirl67
mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306

I am posting this in hopes that it may offer some relief to someone going thru treatment. I make no apologies for not being a supporter of chemo. Before I could have surgery, I had to do at least four rounds with Avastin to even be considered. I actually did five before surgery. I took several things that kept my blood counts high enough not to need the Neulasta. I had very little neuropathy until the last treatment, nor did I have nausea or any other symptoms except mild fatigue. I am a believer in two mushroom extracts that boost your immune system and both are these have shown great promise and have trials currently taking place. I take Turkey Tail extract as well as Lion's Mane extract in my morning coffee/tea. I also take AHCC..another mushroom derived immune building supplement. I took fermented wheat germ (Metatrol) which has shown great promise in reducing recurrance (yes, there are studies on humans). My energy level was very good thru treatment and my appetite was good as well. I also juiced cabbage, carrots, garlic, and green apple every day during treatment. I had no mouth sores and I attribute this to swishing for 15 minutes first thing every morning with unrefined pure coconut oil. Coconut oil will pull bacteria from your teeth and mouth. For the neuropathy, I took alpha lipoic acid and a vitamin B complex. It was weird because although I didn't deal with neuropathy during treatment, I know have a mild case in the toes of my left foot which seems to be getting better.  We are all different and respond differently. All I know is these things worked extremely well for me and I am taking them now with some other natural supplements to heal my body from treatment. Wishing everyone the best in their treatment....M

Comments

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Mushroom source?

Do you use fresh mushrooms? I did tons of green tea, turmeric, ginger, fish oil, Vitamin D, reservatrol, berberine, melatonin, bromelain and Vitamin B12 sublingual. I had my ileo-cecal valve removed during original colon resection and that is the main area of bod where B12 is absorbed, I found it disheartening that no one in my health care treatment team understood or cared about that--I found that mouth sores got much much better after the B12.. I found a coconut based toothpaste by Jason's that helped greatly as anything minty was too much on Folfox. Take your Zofran at first hint of nausea, which I usually did right after 5FU pump discontinued. Still take the supplements. 

• mojogirl67
    mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306

Mushroom source?

Do you use fresh mushrooms? I did tons of green tea, turmeric, ginger, fish oil, Vitamin D, reservatrol, berberine, melatonin, bromelain and Vitamin B12 sublingual. I had my ileo-cecal valve removed during original colon resection and that is the main area of bod where B12 is absorbed, I found it disheartening that no one in my health care treatment team understood or cared about that--I found that mouth sores got much much better after the B12.. I found a coconut based toothpaste by Jason's that helped greatly as anything minty was too much on Folfox. Take your Zofran at first hint of nausea, which I usually did right after 5FU pump discontinued. Still take the supplements. 

Both Fresh & Extract

I love any kind of mushrooms in dishes. The extracts I use come from a place in Tennessee called Half Hill Farm. These are very good quality products and they have a website you can check out. I am a firm believer in the benefits of taking these...at least for me. I will also brew a tea out of the Chaga mushroom as well and drink that at random. I hope you have success with your scans! Please let me know if you try these products and what you think.  Hugs, M