My horse, my support animal

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I just wanted to post something nice because things seem to be a little bit negative right now. On Saturday I went out to see my horse and give him his pill. I haven't been feeling well because in all the chemo and IVs for magnesium I managed to somehow totally forget that I need to have an IV for my parathyroid issue so that my calcium stays at a good level. So it got bad and now I'm weak and have an upset stomach and am having the IV today.

Anyway, I went out there on Saturday and gave him his pill and then just sat on the tire feeder and hung out with him. Tire feeders are old tractor tires on their side that they hay is put in so it doesn't blow away, if anyone is wondering. It was warm out, a beautiful day. He stood quietly with me and was sometimes ruffling my hair or touching my back with his muzzle or putting his nose in my face for a kiss. We sat like that for about 15 minutes. He's so soft and sweet. It was a small thing but for me it means the world. When I left he followed me to the gate and stood there watching me go.

Sometimes it's the little things in life that matter the most. For some of us it's the mountains, for some of us it's other things, but there's always something that makes you happy to be alive and brings you joy.

Jan

Comments

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Unconditional love from a furry being

For me it is my beloved labradoodle that lifts my spirits on dark days, he pokes his head over the mattress and nudges me. There have been several times I was feeling sorry for myself and indulged in some tears ( but dang they hurt after Oxy) and he licked them away! But truly it is the small things, and the beauty of nature that warm the soul.

• JanJan63

Unconditional love from a furry being

For me it is my beloved labradoodle that lifts my spirits on dark days, he pokes his head over the mattress and nudges me. There have been several times I was feeling sorry for myself and indulged in some tears ( but dang they hurt after Oxy) and he licked them away! But truly it is the small things, and the beauty of nature that warm the soul.

My dogs are my comfort, too.

My dogs are my comfort, too. When I cry one will come running over to make sure I'm okay. I remember one time when he went and got my husband because I was crying hard and Jim was upstairs and didn't know. He was so upset that Jim knew something was wrong with me and came running downstairs asking what's wrong. We have 3 dogs and they're all my comfort. When I was mostly bedridden they'd stay with me all day. Even the cat can be very sweet. When she feels like it, ha ha!

Jan

• mojogirl67
    mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306
    3 Legged Cat Full of Love

I am so sorry things are negative for you right now. Hopefully you will feel better soon. My daughter adopted a 3 legged cat from the shelter that no one seemed to want. When I had the last chemo round that made me so sick, that cat snuggled in with me and wouldn’t leave my side.  Our animals k ow more than we do I believe..lol.. wishing you better days soon!!.. M

• JanJan63

3 Legged Cat Full of Love

I am so sorry things are negative for you right now. Hopefully you will feel better soon. My daughter adopted a 3 legged cat from the shelter that no one seemed to want. When I had the last chemo round that made me so sick, that cat snuggled in with me and wouldn’t leave my side.  Our animals k ow more than we do I believe..lol.. wishing you better days soon!!.. M

Thank you! I went to have my

Thank you! I went to have my calcium IV today for the benign tumour on my parathyroid. It takes 4 hours, so annoying. On the way home from the hospital I got a call from my doctor saying they'd checked my magnesium, too, and its low. I'm just so fed up with all of this crap. The magnesium IV is another 4 hour IV. Why can't the cancer be enough? We should all get a pass on any other health crap if we have cancer. It took 4 pokes to get it in today and the nurses said my veins had improved quite a bit since chemo. Ugh.

Jan 

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sweet

What a wonderful encounter and memory.  It seems like life, all around us, brings beauty in many forms.  I'm so glad that you had some time with your wonderful horse. 

Kim

• JanJan63

Sweet

What a wonderful encounter and memory.  It seems like life, all around us, brings beauty in many forms.  I'm so glad that you had some time with your wonderful horse. 

Kim

Thanks Kim! I see him most

Thanks Kim! I see him most days because he has to have his pill every day. He always makes me happy. My only wish is that we still lived on an acreage and he was home so I could see him out of the window all the time and take him treats and things like that. When he was at home I did things like read a book sitting in a lawn chair in their pen and he'd just stand with me. It's the best feeling in the world.

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thanks Kim! I see him most

Thanks Kim! I see him most days because he has to have his pill every day. He always makes me happy. My only wish is that we still lived on an acreage and he was home so I could see him out of the window all the time and take him treats and things like that. When he was at home I did things like read a book sitting in a lawn chair in their pen and he'd just stand with me. It's the best feeling in the world.

Jan

Awww

I'm picturing this scenario in my head with you just sitting their quietly absorbing all beauty with the land and being with your beloved animal.  It's surprising how just a glimpse of something in the air, sea or land can make you smile.  We've got deer in our backyard and we live in the suburbs but have acreage beside us.  My heart just melts when seeing my deer and then when they have their babies and she brings them into our yard for our apples.  It just makes such a warm feeling of happiness.

Hugs!  Kim

• JanJan63

Awww

I'm picturing this scenario in my head with you just sitting their quietly absorbing all beauty with the land and being with your beloved animal.  It's surprising how just a glimpse of something in the air, sea or land can make you smile.  We've got deer in our backyard and we live in the suburbs but have acreage beside us.  My heart just melts when seeing my deer and then when they have their babies and she brings them into our yard for our apples.  It just makes such a warm feeling of happiness.

Hugs!  Kim

Oh, that's lovely!! Yes, it

Oh, that's lovely!! Yes, it doesn't take much, does it. Another of my joys is seeing the birds that come to the birdfeeder. I'd also love to have a veggie garden this year but the last two summers I've become so sick that I couldn't have looked after them so I'm scared to tempt fate. But the idea of seeing something coming up through the ground and turning into somethng we can eat and enjoy is really appealing!

Jan