"Mr. Bubbles" Is OUT

mojogirl67
mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306

My grandson gifted my port with that name when it was put in, lol. Again, a much better name than what I had in mind.  I had surgery to have it removed yesterday and I drove home to the mountains today. They knocked me out in the OR and used surgical glue so I wouldn't have to make an extra trip back to SC. I couldn't imagine having that thing taken out without being fully under. I've read where some have it removed in an office setting. My hat is off to you..lol I can not begin to describe the peace I felt knowing it was out and coming home. Stopping chemo was the right choice for me. I will probably not be on the site while shifting my focus on healing my body and just "living" again. I intend to soak up as much fresh air and sunshine as this body can handle, lol. Thank you sincerely to everyone who took time to encourage me or offer advice or just "hold my hand".  I am so grateful I found this site. I wish each and every one of you peace, joy, laughter, and love until your cups are running over!! Hugs, hugs, and more hugs...M

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Hooray! Enjoy your life again

Hooray! Enjoy your life again! I'm so happy for you that it's done.

I was awake during insertion and removal. It wasn't bad at all. During insertion they hit a nerve and my heart went crazy and they had to rush a cardiac doctor in there but I was half out of it and hardly aware of it. Then they neglected to tell me that if they hit a nerve it hurts like crazy when the freezing comes out so that was pretty horrible. But it only lasted a couple of days.

Enjoy your mountains and peace!

Hugs,

Jan 

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Congratulations and forever NED

Wishing you the very best as you move on to living life!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited May 2019 #4
    Wooo Hooo!

I am happy for you. 

While it will be a sad loss to not see you post, your feelings are TOTALLY understandable.  (I am selfish enough to hope you will keep in contact with me, though)

Enjoy the peace of your mountain home.  

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Mr. B

Congratulations!  But hey, at least give us a hint of what the other name was for Mr. B. . .

Thank you for letting us know you will be off the site for a while.  At times, I thought I would move on from it, but I always come back.  Perhaps it is having a sense the people understand, the opportunity to help others, or reminders of the trials, victories and mortality of others.

Best of luck to you back in your mountain home!

• mojogirl67
    JanJan63 said:

Hooray! Enjoy your life again

Hooray! Enjoy your life again! I'm so happy for you that it's done.

I was awake during insertion and removal. It wasn't bad at all. During insertion they hit a nerve and my heart went crazy and they had to rush a cardiac doctor in there but I was half out of it and hardly aware of it. Then they neglected to tell me that if they hit a nerve it hurts like crazy when the freezing comes out so that was pretty horrible. But it only lasted a couple of days.

Enjoy your mountains and peace!

Hugs,

Jan 

Thank you!

NO WAY was I having the port taken out in an office...I've been thru enough pain and had no problem saying "knock me out"..lol..wishing you the best...M

• mojogirl67
    Phil64 said:

Congratulations and forever NED

Wishing you the very best as you move on to living life!

Running With It Like I Stole It

Thank you..my eyes, heart, spirit and soul are focusing on NED forever..all the best to you as well!!

• mojogirl67

Mr. B

Congratulations!  But hey, at least give us a hint of what the other name was for Mr. B. . .

Thank you for letting us know you will be off the site for a while.  At times, I thought I would move on from it, but I always come back.  Perhaps it is having a sense the people understand, the opportunity to help others, or reminders of the trials, victories and mortality of others.

Best of luck to you back in your mountain home!

Let's Just Say It Wasn't A Nice Name..lol

I think you are right..I find myself still wanting to check in so I am sure I will from time to time. I hope you got to do your hike you were planning. I am not quite ready for a hike but I do intend to get my sticker for my kayak and get out on the lake in the upcoming week. I am amazed at how quickly you can lose body strength when going thru treatment. Wishing you the best..M

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Enjoy your time away and

Enjoy your time away and healing. Some of life's great periods are the calm after a hard event, the quiet of feeling at peace with yourself and the world, but then, you know this. Ride that wave.............................................Dave

• SandiaBuddy

Let's Just Say It Wasn't A Nice Name..lol

I think you are right..I find myself still wanting to check in so I am sure I will from time to time. I hope you got to do your hike you were planning. I am not quite ready for a hike but I do intend to get my sticker for my kayak and get out on the lake in the upcoming week. I am amazed at how quickly you can lose body strength when going thru treatment. Wishing you the best..M

Hike

The first leg of the hike is scheduled for Wednesday.  Back in town on Saturday.  Enjoy your kayaking!

• Msboop15
    Msboop15 Member Posts: 83 Member
    Right decision

It sounds like each day you get more and more comfortable with your decision.  I really appreciate you laying it all out there. I have a feeling that in the next couple of weeks I’m going to have to make some decisions about my ongoing treatment. I am hoping and praying that the four rounds of chemo have gotten rid of the liver met. I know it’s a long shot, but I can dream...  If the liver met is still there hopefully it is operable. I’ll do surgery...probably not more chemo.  I was pretty sure of that, even in the beginning, but your writing & rationale has helped me get even more comfortable with that. Thank you! 

• mojogirl67

Enjoy your time away and

Enjoy your time away and healing. Some of life's great periods are the calm after a hard event, the quiet of feeling at peace with yourself and the world, but then, you know this. Ride that wave.............................................Dave

Thank You...

Thank you for all that you have shared with me about your own heart-wrenching journey and loss. It truly helped me put some things in perspective about losing my husband to this crap. I cherish ever moment of life I'm given and I inted to "ride the wave" every day no matter what it brings. Wishing you peace and good things in your life always...Huge hug, M

• mojogirl67
    Msboop15 said:

Right decision

It sounds like each day you get more and more comfortable with your decision.  I really appreciate you laying it all out there. I have a feeling that in the next couple of weeks I’m going to have to make some decisions about my ongoing treatment. I am hoping and praying that the four rounds of chemo have gotten rid of the liver met. I know it’s a long shot, but I can dream...  If the liver met is still there hopefully it is operable. I’ll do surgery...probably not more chemo.  I was pretty sure of that, even in the beginning, but your writing & rationale has helped me get even more comfortable with that. Thank you! 

Hard Choices..

Nothing about this awful disease is easy. I am praying for you and you will be in my thoughts. I hope the four rounds will be enough to get you to the surgery. We each have to make hard choices about treatment and there are never any guarantees. Chemo is something you can't begin to describe to someone else who hasn't been thru it. It's easy to say what someone else should do until you are wearing their shoes. You have to do what brings you peace in your soul and that is a decision that is yours and yours alone. I am at peace with my own choice and have realized that the moment in front of me is all I have. I want those to be "good" moments and intend to enjoy each one I am blessed to be given fully. Please reach out anytime and I will continue to look for your posts and progress..Wishing you strength and peace with all of it...Huge hug....M

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Facing the same decision

Tomorrow I get the results of my latest CT scan--it will determine whether I do surgery or not. NO more chemo though. Praying there are no new nodules.

• mojogirl67

Facing the same decision

Tomorrow I get the results of my latest CT scan--it will determine whether I do surgery or not. NO more chemo though. Praying there are no new nodules.

Prayers Sent Up For You

Please let us know how things go for you. Sending good energy and hoping for the best for you!! Hugs, M

• SandiaBuddy

Facing the same decision

Best wishes

Best of luck on the scan results.

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    edited May 2019 #17
    Thanks guys!

Praying hard!