New here, any help?

swood9008
swood9008 Member Posts: 116 Member

Hello all, I have been on the anal cancee blog since 2015 in regards to my mom. Stage 2 diagnosed first time in 2015, treated with standard chemo and radiation. 2017 recurrence treated with apt colostomy removal of rectum and anus. Last week she had a pet scan for some issues with her urine (she just had a CLEAR PET scan in january of this year. We’re in the beginning stages but seeming like tumor in vaginal wall and nodule in Anal cavity. Talk to radiation seeds/more chemo possible surgery for pelvic extenerarion? I don’t know if anyone can share common ground with my moms story or if im in the right group. Thank the n advance 

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    dear swood, my heart goes out

dear swood, my heart goes out to your family and your mom.  If any of the ladies can share, they will be along to contribute.  Your mom must be incredibly strong and it sounds like she has a daughter who has been on her side the entire time.  You all are in my prayers.

• swood9008

dear swood, my heart goes out

dear swood, my heart goes out to your family and your mom.  If any of the ladies can share, they will be along to contribute.  Your mom must be incredibly strong and it sounds like she has a daughter who has been on her side the entire time.  You all are in my prayers.

Anyone who has gone through

Anyone who has gone through treatment is so strong but she is my hero, she has fought so hard works full time still as an Rn case manger at Boston medical center. Need her to hey through this. Thank you so much 

• swood9008
    Sorry to edit she had a clear

Sorry to edit she had a clear pet scan in January and an mri last week which showed this 

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Pelvic exenteration sounds

Pelvic exenteration sounds horrible, but it may be the only chance of a cure.  In reading about it, I came across a study about quality of life afterwards.  I think the researchers were surprised to find that the women who had had it done actually reported quite good quality of life after recovery, and were very happy to be alive.

• swood9008
    zsazsa1 said:

Pelvic exenteration sounds

Pelvic exenteration sounds horrible, but it may be the only chance of a cure.  In reading about it, I came across a study about quality of life afterwards.  I think the researchers were surprised to find that the women who had had it done actually reported quite good quality of life after recovery, and were very happy to be alive.

She’s been through so much

She’s been through so much already, the first round of chemo and radiation was horrible, more so radiation. Then the apr colostomy was deveststing a long recovery but has been doing well, and even now feels pretty good it was a shock. Port tomorrow, official biopsy next week.