Immunity Therapy Clinic, Lonsurf, whats next?

My husband is trying to decide the next plan for Stage IV colon cancer. The doctors next treatment plan is Lonsurf.  There wasn't too many recent discussions about Lonsurf.
Among other treatments he is looking into Immunity Therapy Clinic in Mexico.  It all sounds good, looks good, but it is also probably too good to be true. 
I was wanting to see some peoples experiences with this place, if any and if there are other things that have worked for any of you that have colon cancer.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Mexico

Is the place in Mexico called The Gerson Institute?

I know just a few things about this place, the first being that it is terribly expensive.  I had a friend who went there, and spent all of her savings on the hope that it offered.  Had being past tense.

It is a very hard decision that only you or your husband can make. 

I think we have one forum member who is on Lonsurf, so hopefully they will reach out and help. 

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you find yourself here.

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Pubmed

You can also learn a lot taking a look at some of the research on pubmed: link

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    About Gerson And Things

There is a lot of "treatments" out there.  A lot of these prey on our fear that we are rejecting something which can save our lives.  I am not against certain things which can help, including herbs, accupuncture and supplements, but if something sounds too good to be true in the cancer game, it probably is not legit.  And yet I visit and revisit all these things myself trying to ascertain whether I am somehow killing myself by ignoring these treatments.  Anyway, a piece on Gerson.  

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-not-so-beautiful-untruth-about-the-gerson-therapy-and-cancer-quackery/

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member
    edited April 2019 #5

I had a close friend who got diagnosed with stage 3 crvical cancer. She was in her early 30s. she had a surgery, started chemo, experienced side effects of chemo and they decided to do herbal supplements, juicing, organic diet. They I mean her and her hubby went to one of those alternative centers in MX. I don t know which one but I believe it was close to San Diego. After 3 months she turned to worst. Her hubby drive her to the nearest emergency room in San Diego and she passed in the hospital 5 days later. So, there was no success with that medical center in. MX. Butt.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited April 2019 #6
    Sorry

So sorry that you are here and what your husband is going through.  If you type in Lonsurf in the search section it might bring up some conversations regarding that treatment.  There are others on this board that have tried it.  Hopefully they will add to this discussion.

Kim

• KM2Illinois
    KM2Illinois Member Posts: 11
    Lonsurf

I just recently started the Lonsurf tablets. Still in my first cycle. I’m doing the 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 day on, 2 days off, then 2 weeks off. I take 3 tablets twice a day. The lower dose tablets.

It was scary reading the product brochure. I did have some fatigue on day 2-3. But perked up later. I also had a little abdominal cramping but it could also have been something I ate. My forehead inside felt odd sometimes, not dizzy.

The raw cost, before insurance, is $77xx.xx. Can’t remember exactly. This is one month of 60 tablets. The tablets are not big, thankfully.

I have been on folfox, 1 y90 treatment, folfiri with avastin, & now this. My onc gave me the choice of Lonsurf or going back on folfox. She suggested I try Lonsurf. If it doesn’t work out for me, I can go back on folfox.

• mabel66409
    mabel66409 Member Posts: 6
    Trubrit said:

Mexico

Is the place in Mexico called The Gerson Institute?

I know just a few things about this place, the first being that it is terribly expensive.  I had a friend who went there, and spent all of her savings on the hope that it offered.  Had being past tense.

It is a very hard decision that only you or your husband can make. 

I think we have one forum member who is on Lonsurf, so hopefully they will reach out and help. 

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you find yourself here.

Tru

The name of the place is

The name of the place is Immunity Therapy Center - www.immunitytherapycenter.com

• mabel66409

Pubmed

You can also learn a lot taking a look at some of the research on pubmed: link

Thank you.  I will take a

Thank you.  I will take a look.

• mabel66409

Sorry

So sorry that you are here and what your husband is going through.  If you type in Lonsurf in the search section it might bring up some conversations regarding that treatment.  There are others on this board that have tried it.  Hopefully they will add to this discussion.

Kim

Thank you.  I have read a few

Thank you.  I have read a few of them, but they were older posts so I was hoping to find something a bit newer, with hope that maybe the medicine had changed for the better.

• mabel66409

Lonsurf

I just recently started the Lonsurf tablets. Still in my first cycle. I’m doing the 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 day on, 2 days off, then 2 weeks off. I take 3 tablets twice a day. The lower dose tablets.

It was scary reading the product brochure. I did have some fatigue on day 2-3. But perked up later. I also had a little abdominal cramping but it could also have been something I ate. My forehead inside felt odd sometimes, not dizzy.

The raw cost, before insurance, is $77xx.xx. Can’t remember exactly. This is one month of 60 tablets. The tablets are not big, thankfully.

I have been on folfox, 1 y90 treatment, folfiri with avastin, & now this. My onc gave me the choice of Lonsurf or going back on folfox. She suggested I try Lonsurf. If it doesn’t work out for me, I can go back on folfox.

Thank you.  I have been

Thank you.  I have been looking on the internet and seem to find as much bad about it, as I did good. It helps having someone that is a step ahead of him to compare with.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I only have experience with

I only have experience with the Mexico clinic that takes out the blood and cleans the sugar/glucose from it and puts the patients on a very restricted diet. I have no knowledge of any other clinic there, I know of a man who sent his wife there twice. She had colon cancer. They thought it was fabulous. She died a couple of months after her last time there. The other is a guy my daughter worked with. He was diagnosed with very late stage colon cancer and his co-workers got a bunch of money together for him to go and he died at the clinic. Which cost a lot more money to get his body back.

Jan

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    JanJan63 said:

I only have experience with

I only have experience with the Mexico clinic that takes out the blood and cleans the sugar/glucose from it and puts the patients on a very restricted diet. I have no knowledge of any other clinic there, I know of a man who sent his wife there twice. She had colon cancer. They thought it was fabulous. She died a couple of months after her last time there. The other is a guy my daughter worked with. He was diagnosed with very late stage colon cancer and his co-workers got a bunch of money together for him to go and he died at the clinic. Which cost a lot more money to get his body back.

Jan

My aunt just said to me she

My aunt just said to me she read that people have cured their cancer by switching to healthy living and positive thinking. I asked her for the specifics of how that shrunk and killed their tumors.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    abita said:

My aunt just said to me she

My aunt just said to me she read that people have cured their cancer by switching to healthy living and positive thinking. I asked her for the specifics of how that shrunk and killed their tumors.

Did I post on here about the

Did I post on here about the guy on Facebook I dealt with? There was a meme from the Canadian Cancer Society and someone responded that they hope any new cure involves CBD or they won't work. I responded that CBD helps with side effects but does not cure cancer. A number of people 'liked' what I'd posted. Then one guy gets on and says that they have a cure for cancer if I look it up. I responded that that's wonderful if true and could he please share it with all of us. He responded "don't be lazy, look it up yourself". I just laughed my butt off! Must be nice to have the cure for cancer in your head but not share it with anyone!! 

Jan

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Did I post on here about the

Did I post on here about the guy on Facebook I dealt with? There was a meme from the Canadian Cancer Society and someone responded that they hope any new cure involves CBD or they won't work. I responded that CBD helps with side effects but does not cure cancer. A number of people 'liked' what I'd posted. Then one guy gets on and says that they have a cure for cancer if I look it up. I responded that that's wonderful if true and could he please share it with all of us. He responded "don't be lazy, look it up yourself". I just laughed my butt off! Must be nice to have the cure for cancer in your head but not share it with anyone!! 

Jan

Exactly! My aunt's response

Exactly! My aunt's response was that maybe she saw it years ago on tv or read about it and can't remember, and that yeah, my staying with drugs is probably the best course. 

A coworker told me if the drugs get rid of the tumors, I should start eating veggies and exercising so the cancer doesn't come back. She then asked me what is going on with my hair. 

I don't think people understand how cruel it is to make someone think that it is their fault they have cancer. I have enough that keeps me from falling asleep that I don't need them to add to it.

• Slow-runner
    Slow-runner Member Posts: 55 Member
    Lonsurf

My husband had a short run on Lonsurf, it minimally shrunk some of his lung tumors but tumors elsewhere grew. Mary