CT after chemo shows no mets, no changes in lung nodules or sclerotic lesions bone - no evidence of

zsazsa1
zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member

I discussed the scan with the reading radiologist.  I was Ia at diagnosis in September, with isolated tumor cells in one sentinel node, only 2 nodes sampled.

Interestingly, my spleen was only slightly over the upper limit of normal (14 cm vs 13 cm), with slight enlargement of the venous drainage from spleen.  He says he cannot call it varices.  So no answer as to why I have had splenomegaly.

No evidence of metatstases, no fluid.  All the questionable spots (tiny lung nodules, occasional sclerotic lesion bone) are all exactly the same, so very unlikely to have been disease.  So the scan results are excellent, and reassuring.  Now I have to decide whether to do whole pelvic radiation, Intensity-modulated radiation targeted at the lymph nodes, or just vaginal cuff brachytherapy, and quickly.

Comments

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Great news! I did me have

Great news! I did me have brachy. I thought I was going to, but the radiologist thought it was too much for my situation as the tumor was high up in the uterus. So I had targeted radiation.

I was 3a, grade 2. Lymph nodes and pelvic was clear, a few cells on one ovary.

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Good news!

Good news!

• DM_K
    DM_K Member Posts: 51
    Wonderful news!  Going out

Wonderful news!  Going out and doing something fun?

• zsazsa1
    No.  Thought never even

No.  Thought never even crossed my mind!  My goodness, I haven't thought about celebrating anything since diagnosis six months ago.  But now, I'm just suddenly way too exhausted.  Still recovering from chemo, had out of town family here today for kid's school show.  After I got the news, I was suddenly totally exhausted.  On the couch.  

I feel guilty sharing good news, DMK, when I know you just had bad news.  I'm praying for some good news for you, too.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    zsazsa1 said:

No.  Thought never even

No.  Thought never even crossed my mind!  My goodness, I haven't thought about celebrating anything since diagnosis six months ago.  But now, I'm just suddenly way too exhausted.  Still recovering from chemo, had out of town family here today for kid's school show.  After I got the news, I was suddenly totally exhausted.  On the couch.  

I feel guilty sharing good news, DMK, when I know you just had bad news.  I'm praying for some good news for you, too.

never feel bad about sharing good news

or bad news. We want all of the news because how else can we celebrate a good result and commiserate with a not so favorable one? 

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member

never feel bad about sharing good news

or bad news. We want all of the news because how else can we celebrate a good result and commiserate with a not so favorable one? 

Absolutely. 

Absolutely. 

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    Yay!

Love to hear good news!!! Hugs to you xoxo

• DM_K
    DM_K Member Posts: 51
    zsazsa1 said:

No.  Thought never even

Please don't feel that way

Please don't feel that way about sharing good news zsazsa, hearing good news is good news for us all!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 962 Member
    Great News Zsazsa

That is great news.  These decisions are so hard.  My prayer for you is that you reach that decision that will be perfect for you.   

• zsazsa1
    edited March 2019 #11
    I've tried looking at uterine

I've tried looking at uterine cancer support groups on Facebook - it's somehow nothing like this message board.  I feel that I have a small community of supportive women going through this together, whereas the facebook string of postings just scares me.  It somehow seems like anonymous cries in the dark.  I'm very grateful for this community.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Great news!

thanks for sharing your good news of your scan!   So happy for you!

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Congratulations, zsazsa! So

Congratulations, zsazsa! So happy to hear you getting this clear scan. Hope you are celebrating as this news deserves a big celebration. 

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    DM_K said:

Please don't feel that way

Please don't feel that way about sharing good news zsazsa, hearing good news is good news for us all!

I wish there was a LOVE

I wish there was a LOVE button here on this forum. What a lovely comment!

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Great news

Such good news, zsazsa. I'm so happy for you.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good news always welcome

and I'm delighted to see yours. 

• Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member
    Good!

My CT scan was clear also, such a relief! Although they can’t find my appendix, my Dr says I probably do have one and it is just hidden. 

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Congrats for tha great news!

Congrats for tha great news!

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Ribbons said:

Good!

My CT scan was clear also, such a relief! Although they can’t find my appendix, my Dr says I probably do have one and it is just hidden. 

Great news!

Great news!

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    zsazsa1 said:

I've tried looking at uterine

I've tried looking at uterine cancer support groups on Facebook - it's somehow nothing like this message board.  I feel that I have a small community of supportive women going through this together, whereas the facebook string of postings just scares me.  It somehow seems like anonymous cries in the dark.  I'm very grateful for this community.

Same!

I can't say enough how fortunate I feel to have found this group.  Even other groups on this website don't have the camraderie, the legit solid information, and the support of this wonderful circle of warriors.  Topics are discussed intelligently and thoroughly, and love abounds.  We are surely blessed to have each other!  

I am so happy to hear your NED news!  I also had a scan after chemo that showed NED, and had to make a quick decision about radiation.  I agonized.  I understand it's a tough decision, and I'd never want to advise you either way, but it may help you to get a second opinion if you're unsure what to do.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    Ribbons said:

Good!

Ribbons! Such good news!

Congrats!

xxoo

Denise