Descending Colon thickened and Free Fluid at the Pelvic (Mild Ascites)

Mighty Frog
Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member

HI! Everyone.

I'm actually from another disussion boards on kidney cancer. I had my surgical in 2017 and pathology is T1a Nx Mx, with 4 cm tumor Clear Cell RCC.

Yesterday, i was having my normal 6 months MRI scan. Everything was Ok on my abdomen and chest. (X ray)

But they accidentally found my descending colon thickened and there are free fluid at my pelvic. I was told there is something not right there and need further investigation either to perform colonoscopy as soon as possible and CT scan with contrast. 

Currently there are no others symptoms i had, i eat & sleep well, bowel movement ok and i lost alot of weight due to my diet (intermittent fasting, Weight are stable)

Now my MOST worrisome could this be a sign of colorectal cancer (secondary) or RCC metastatic (which is very rare) 

Anyone had this finding before.

A Summary of the report.

** Mild ascites with suspicious wall thickening of the descending colon. However, this examination is subopimal for colonic assessment as rectal contrast is not given. Unable to exclude bowel malignancy in this examination. Suggest correlation with tumour marker, colonoscopy and CECT abodmen & pelvic (from my radiologist)

Thank you.

Comments

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2019 #2
    I've heard of thickening and

I've heard of thickening and enlargement of the colon, megacolon which occurs with chronic inflamation. They say Elvis had it, but I haven't heard a "direct" connection to cancer. Your report simply says cancer can't be ruled out from the tests given, but I've never heard a colon cancer start with lower wall thickening and ascities, sounds more like an inflammation to me. Best of luck with that..................................................Dave

• Mighty Frog

I've heard of thickening and

I've heard of thickening and enlargement of the colon, megacolon which occurs with chronic inflamation. They say Elvis had it, but I haven't heard a "direct" connection to cancer. Your report simply says cancer can't be ruled out from the tests given, but I've never heard a colon cancer start with lower wall thickening and ascities, sounds more like an inflammation to me. Best of luck with that..................................................Dave

Hi! Dave!

Hi! Dave!

Foremost! Thank you very much for your inputs. Have spoken to a surgeon today. He also has the same opinion like you said. lt seem like either is a inflammation or bacteria infection. The inflammation or infection could be from my diet. As nowadys i on whole food diet, i consuming cook and uncook vegetables. 

But to be sure, a colonoscopy will be need to be perform and tumor marker on CEA & CA 19-9 also require.

Will keep you posted on my result.

Once again ... TQvm...!

• Mighty Frog
    Colonoscopy result is clear and normal

Hi! Dave!

This colon thickening issue have been cause worriesome for me these few week. Finally yesterdays had my colonscopy and endoscopy done. Well, result turnout to be normal and there are no colon thickening or whatever (also ultrasound show no thickening or whatever). Gosh! what a relieve......

Anyway as precaution, i will order a CT scan on my colon on my next coming scan. 

Thank you for the advise and you too be strong and take good care....

Mighty Frog

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited May 2019 #5

Colonoscopy result is clear and normal

Hi! Dave!

This colon thickening issue have been cause worriesome for me these few week. Finally yesterdays had my colonscopy and endoscopy done. Well, result turnout to be normal and there are no colon thickening or whatever (also ultrasound show no thickening or whatever). Gosh! what a relieve......

Anyway as precaution, i will order a CT scan on my colon on my next coming scan. 

Thank you for the advise and you too be strong and take good care....

Mighty Frog

Awesome

I'm sorry but missed the initial post but so happy to hear that the colonoscopy is normal.  You have to be so relieved.  Time to take a deep breath and put your mind at rest - you deserve it.  Congratulations.

Kim

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Hello and good bye

I too am sorry to have missed your initial post; which is interesting, because your name, Mighty Frog really jumps from the page. 

It is great news for you, and I am happy to read it.  You got a taste of the fear that a (possible) Cancer diagnosis give you, and I hope this is the very last time you ever get to experience it. 

It was good of you to come back and share your good news. 

Tru

• Mighty Frog
    Thank you Everyone!

Hi! Everyone! 

Thank you very much! Everyone for your wishes & Have a great day! 

Mighty Frog!