Rebirth Day

Tapman63
Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member

My birthday was two days ago.  My re-birthday is today - the one year anniversary since my nephrectomy.  There were some complications (a clipped artery), and a four-day stint in ICU. I have extra scars (from the laproscopic start and the opening me up to fix my artery finish).  There's what I call my 'navel shelf'...which a doctor said was a diastasis recti....all i know is it's an ugly bump that apparently fixing would be considered "cosmetic" so no insurance.  BUT....I still am around to talk about them.  I know the journey has just started and there are plenty of scans and xrays in my future - but at least there is a future.  The irony is that it wasn't the cancer that almost did me in, but the 'treatment' for the cancer.  Life is funny like that.

NOTE:  Somehow I mistakingly orignally posted this on the thread about Fox - I can't figure out how to delete it from that thread.  Help!  

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Cancerversery

Cancerversery is as good a term as any.

As for deleteing your other post, edit it and say posted in srror, than flag it.

icemantoo

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    well

Happy Birthday.  :)

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    Happy re-birthday! 

Happy re-birthday! 

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    awesome

Happy re-birthday, Tapman! And many more! 

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Happy Birthday

Tapman

hope all going well for you

Annie

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Happy birthday

and re-birthday.  I call mine surgiversary...  Glad you are here!

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Happy Birthday & Rebirthday,

Happy Birthday & Rebirthday, Jim!! Very glad to see you're still around here. My one year is coming up in about 2 weeks. People ask how I am, I sometimes say that I'm still on the right side of the daisies.

So glad you're doing good. You went through a lot!

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    JoeyZ said:

Happy Birthday & Rebirthday,

Happy Birthday & Rebirthday, Jim!! Very glad to see you're still around here. My one year is coming up in about 2 weeks. People ask how I am, I sometimes say that I'm still on the right side of the daisies.

So glad you're doing good. You went through a lot!

Thanks

I usually say "every day above ground is a good day."  Happy Anniversary to you, too!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Happy birthday and re

Happy birthday and re-birthday :)

• Trucker1
    Trucker1 Member Posts: 82
    Many more!

It's funny you say it like that as I have often though of it similarly . When having a deep discussion with a brother or friend about the big things in life . I often say that cancer gave me a new sharper look at life. It may me realize what truley is the most important things in life. I hate it took cancer to do that but thankfully for it...Rebirth, I Iike that...

• Mighty Frog
    Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member
    Well said Trucker! & Happy Re-Birthday Tapman!

Well said by Trucker1! Totally agreed with you...

And have a wonderful Re-Birthday Tapman!