Question about possible mets

jroby55
jroby55 Member Posts: 40

Hey Guys,

I was diagnosed with RCC back in November and the pathology report and imaging suggests it was contained and did not spread. Back in November I also had a CT then a follow MRI  of my brain as I was having some symptoms that concerned me. The CT found "concern for subcentimeter right frontal and right cerebellar mets" which led to the MRI that said "no intracranial metastatic disease is detected. Findings of CT were most likely artifactual". However, it went on to say that there were minimal white matter changes, most likely minimal microvascular ischemic change and that I had "scattered small patchty areas of T2 and FLAIR hyperintensity were present withing white matter of both cerebral hemishpheres. These are nonspecific, but most likely the result of mild chronic microvascular ischemia". 

So my question is this, for the last 6 weeks or so I have had pressure spots that pop up for just a few seconds and leave (daily), vision seems just a tad off (more floaters etc) and a sporadic vibrational dizziness and mild sensitivity to certain lights. I now also have a rash that looks like mosquito bites. I went to the doctor earlier this week and she prescribed prednisone for me which alleviated the neural type symptoms but hasn't touched the rash yet. 

Based on the pathology report and CT and MRI should I seek a second opinion or just go with what has been stated? Does anyone understand what the results of that MRI mean? I tried looking it up but that appears as a foreign language to me when trying to figure it out. 

Sorry for the lengthy post but I could really use some help. Thank you so much!

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    I have no idea

---but I would see a Nuerologist if you have not already seen one. I see one and it has nothing to do with mets.

icemantoo

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited February 2019 #3
    Detail

oh dear you must be scared

what size was the tumour 

i take it you dont have any other health issues

some people have these and they can mean higher risk of stroke etc

others... cause no issue at all

Annie

• MarkDavid18
    MarkDavid18 Member Posts: 61
    Wow - that is crazy

i had almost exactly the same results from my MR.  No signs of metastatic disease but that same finding with white matter and ischemia. My oncologist was not concerned as it is not cancer related. He told me that could be an early possible indicator of a degenerative brain issue and he offered to get a consult with neuro. Being stage IV with far more pressing health concerns I passed on the consult. If I didn’t have cancer I would have never had a brain scan and would have never known about it. I find that fun little things pop up the more times I am scanned - prior sternal fractures, right-sided aortic arch, an extra tail on my spleen. 

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Hi,

Hi,

white matter hyperintensities are very frequently found on brain MRIs. I have them too, mine are most probably due to some kind og prenatal hypoxia or whatever. Some are due to migraines or minor microvascular issues. All of this has nothing to do with cancer and these are not mets. MRI is the best way to scan the brain, so discregard CT and listen to MRI results.

And Iceman is right - maybe you should talk to a neuro. Your sympthoms sound like a migraine, so neuro consult could be prudent

• sandy23
    sandy23 Member Posts: 143 Member
    I definitely agree with what

I definitely agree with what Allochka said.  As someone who has had headaches my entire life, I feel like I could write a book on it.  I suffer from headaches of all varieties including one called an "icepick" headache which sounds similar to what you are describing.  Migraines will absolutely mess with your eyes and hearing.  Many times, I can attribute something that I ate to what type of headace that I end up with, for example, dairy causes a sinus headache, grains cause regular migraines, being dehydrated causes occular migraines.  You might want to make sure that you are drinking enough water.  That works wonders!!

I personally think that you should breathe a sigh of relief and feel great about your scans!!

• jroby55
    jroby55 Member Posts: 40
    Thank you all so much for the

Thank you all so much for the replies! I greatly apprecaite them!