Hollister Brand

plsletitrain
plsletitrain Member Posts: 252 Member

I was informed they stopped manufacturing. Is it correct? I use that brand for my ostomy supplies.  Do you still get hollister brands these days? If not, what brand are you using? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Supplier

It would be best to contact your supplier and ask them if this is true.  If it is, they should be able to suggest a reliable replacement.  They should be willing to give you samples of other suppliers (no charge) to find a fit for you.  Good luck.

Kim

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I use ConvaTek. When I first

I use ConvaTek. When I first had the ostomy they gave me several different brands and types of bags and appliances to try and this is the one I liked best. I didn't like the Hollister.

Jan

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Who informed you?

If it was your supplier who told you that, perhaps they are just not going to carry them any more or perhaps they have discontinued the product you use.

Hollister web site still up and appears to be taking orders for ostomy supplies.

Marie who loves kitties

• plsletitrain
    The agent

whom I give orders to told me. Or maybe they haven't received supplies yet or got delayed in shipment? Maybe.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

The agent

whom I give orders to told me. Or maybe they haven't received supplies yet or got delayed in shipment? Maybe.

Hmmmm

My supplier wasn't always honest with me so sometimes contacting another supplier is a good idea.  Check around and you might get better pricing and different answers.

Kim

• SonicSedition
    SonicSedition Member Posts: 30
    Hollister is alive and well

I just talked with my rep last Friday and I can assure you they are still in business. What I see happening is the supplier that is distributing the product either loses a contract with the Health care provider and they make it sound like it's over, find another brand. That is EXACTLY what just happened to me as Kaiser Permanente entered into a new contract with a new supplier/distributor. I'm not saying this is your case but all you need to do is call Hollister. 

• plsletitrain
    Thanks sonic

I'll try to contact them. But I'm trying ConvaTek the next time I change my bag.  I'll compare which is better.