Back pain

If anyone here get lower back pains right before infusion let me know.  I have cancer in my bones, lungs and liver.  I have been using ibuprofen, heat pads, hot baths, Icy hot but it’s causing me lots of discomfort.  I also smoke marijuana to help, but I’m feeling it today.  thanks. 

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I'm sorry, I have nothing to

I'm sorry, I have nothing to suggest that might help. I just wanted to say that I feel horrible for you. I've had some pain from various things such as degenerative disc disease and it's miserable. What does help me is codeine. I have an Rx for straight codeine, 30 mgs to slow down my ostomy and the extrabenefit is that it helps a lot with pain. But most people would get constipated from just a T3 so, it's not for everyone. I use it sparingly so I don't get resistant to it.

I hope you can find something to help.

Jan

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    Dreaded back pain

I get severe lower back pain during periods of being laid up/less mobile. The only thing that helps me is Norco (hydrocodone+ibuprofen). I've been taking it all week this week. Hoping to resolve it with exercise.

Medical marijuana helps, but mnot always for me.

• eallenwish
    eallenwish Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018 #4
    Accupuncture for pain

Accupuncture helps with the nerve's feedback of the pain responses.  it works for many types of pain. in some cases., It may not completely take it away but it does help and keeps from having to be on meds that cause other problems.  If you have a fear of needles, there is a type of accupressure using lasers on the acupuncture points. Definitely worth looking into as an option.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

Accupuncture for pain

Accupuncture helps with the nerve's feedback of the pain responses.  it works for many types of pain. in some cases., It may not completely take it away but it does help and keeps from having to be on meds that cause other problems.  If you have a fear of needles, there is a type of accupressure using lasers on the acupuncture points. Definitely worth looking into as an option.

+1 On Accupuncture

As part of my ICM this year I had used accunpuncture.  The needles are really small width.  Most of the time you do not even feel them (or barely) when put into you, some very good practicioners out there.  There may be nerves or sections that may sting a bit, but that was SO little it is barely worth mentioning. But figured I would put that out there.  Most of the time the pain or the needle going in and staying in is a scale of 0 compared to the 5-10 of moving with back pain. Once in awhile I get lower back pain/sciatica and they took care of it when I mentioned it was bothering me during a session.  Heating pads and also Alleve helps relax muscles.  

(Note that I also have a tumor in my back and spine that came out of nowhere in the last couple of months.  I have not tried accunpuncture yet on this, went straight to radiation to knock it out.  Using steroids for swelling and Ativan for treatment days since painful to be on my back, though it is improving.)

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    NewHere said:

+1 On Accupuncture

As part of my ICM this year I had used accunpuncture.  The needles are really small width.  Most of the time you do not even feel them (or barely) when put into you, some very good practicioners out there.  There may be nerves or sections that may sting a bit, but that was SO little it is barely worth mentioning. But figured I would put that out there.  Most of the time the pain or the needle going in and staying in is a scale of 0 compared to the 5-10 of moving with back pain. Once in awhile I get lower back pain/sciatica and they took care of it when I mentioned it was bothering me during a session.  Heating pads and also Alleve helps relax muscles.  

(Note that I also have a tumor in my back and spine that came out of nowhere in the last couple of months.  I have not tried accunpuncture yet on this, went straight to radiation to knock it out.  Using steroids for swelling and Ativan for treatment days since painful to be on my back, though it is improving.)

I'd agree on acupuncture. I

I'd agree on acupuncture. I've only ever had it in my hands but I know that some back issues are from the muscles being irritatted rather than the actual issue. So it makes sense that acupuncture would work.

Hands can be painful for needles but I barely felt anything, if at all, when they did it. It's really quite amazing.

Jan

• Woodytele
    Woodytele Member Posts: 163
    Thanks all!

getting an MRI on the back, and probably radiation depending on what they find.  Thanks for the info. 

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Woodytele said:

Thanks all!

getting an MRI on the back, and probably radiation depending on what they find.  Thanks for the info. 

Good Luck Woody

I just finished the radiation and it really was pretty easy and helped so far.  Other than positional pain in the machine (being flat on my back is when I felt it the most), it was nothing.  They can give you a muscle relaxer if needed.  

• Woodytele
    Woodytele Member Posts: 163
    NewHere said:

Good Luck Woody

I just finished the radiation and it really was pretty easy and helped so far.  Other than positional pain in the machine (being flat on my back is when I felt it the most), it was nothing.  They can give you a muscle relaxer if needed.  

Thank you

thanks for the kind words!