Update

Tuesdays bone scan reads as follows. Findings: interval development of foci of moderate increased uptake bilateral iliac bones, right aspect of sacrum, l1 vertebral body, distal left clavicle, manubrium sterni and right parietal bone, suspicious for metastatic disease, given history of prostate carcinoma. Physiologic uptake bilateral kidneys. Mild periarticular uptake bilateral knees, suggestive of osteoarthritis, stable. Impression: interval development of foci of moderate radiopharmaceutical uptake involving axial skeleton for metastatic disease. I knew is was gonna be bad because the pain has gotten to be very moderate. The gift that keeps on giving.

Comments

• Georges Calvez
    Georges Calvez Member Posts: 547 Member
    Therapy

How is the therapy going, even bad cases can be helped with the right cocktail of drugs, extending life and reducing pain.
    Look on yananow in the survivor stories, some people manage to run death ragged for several years, despite a bad hand.
    You always run out of chips in the end at the table of life, it is a question of how long you can keep on playing before being cashed up.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    HT plus Bisphosphanate

Livingman,

I am sorry for the spread. You can try the hormonal route which has demonstrated to be good in alleviate the cancer burthen in several bone metastases cases. You will also need to add a bisphosphanate (fosamax or prolia) to help in bone loss. Please read the story of this survivor;

https://csn.cancer.org/node/305488

VG 

• Deadmansoon
    Deadmansoon Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2018 #4

HT plus Bisphosphanate

Livingman,

I am sorry for the spread. You can try the hormonal route which has demonstrated to be good in alleviate the cancer burthen in several bone metastases cases. You will also need to add a bisphosphanate (fosamax or prolia) to help in bone loss. Please read the story of this survivor;

https://csn.cancer.org/node/305488

VG 

Done

I'm 41, sorry for language, but I'm done with they're bull. Gonna let it take it's course, ready to go. Everyone has choices to make with this disease, I have made mine. This will be my last post. Thanks for all the help and wish everyone the best.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    LU 177

I agree with G53. LU177 may help. This is not a pilot treatment. It has been in action in Germany since 2016 but it is expensive. The clinical trial in USA is a great oppurtunity to have it free of charge and with due professionals caring for the patients. I would recommend you to inquire with your doctor or contact directly to the responsible.

Do not give up.

VG